First post of 2016

General discussion of current events, conversations with other board members, etc.
Marien
First post of 2016

Post by Marien » 2016-01-07, 19:50

Hello everyone,

For the past few days I've been looking at this engine which is apparently, roughly 12 years old now. Unfortunately, i've not been able to try working with this engine, when My computer is available again I'll certainly will. (Currently I'm on a mobile device.) I've worked with Lua before on a simple engine since when I was 12. Three years have passed by and I decided I want to move on with a more complex engine. I discovered cafu and judging by the screenshots and video's, It's simpler than most engines yet it has a lot of possibilities.

The last post on this forum was about two months ago, now I have a few questions regarding this;
-Is the engine still being updated?
-To what extent is this engine being used?

And most importantly;
-To what extent are people prepared to help me with possible questions I have?

I look forward to using this engine and your answers to my questions.

Best regards,
Marien
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: First post of 2016

Post by Carsten » 2016-01-08, 00:35

Hi Marien,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
Marien wrote: I've worked with Lua before on a simple engine since when I was 12. Three years have passed by and I decided I want to move on with a more complex engine. I discovered cafu and judging by the screenshots and video's, It's simpler than most engines yet it has a lot of possibilities.
Thanks for your kind words, it's great to hear that the Cafu engine caught your interest!
The last post on this forum was about two months ago, now I have a few questions regarding this;
-Is the engine still being updated?
Yes.

Things are a bit quiet currently, but regarding myself, that is only because I've been working on making the new website (it is online now, starting at the home page, covering the pages linked at the main menu). This is still a work-in-progress though, e.g. it must still be extended to embrace the Wiki documentation and there are a lot of tweaks that I still would like to complete. Sooner or later, I also plan changing the license from GPL to the more liberal MIT, but that too will take a while to be done properly.

In short, the engine is still updated (check the source code repository for details), it's just the website that currently receives some priority. :book:
-To what extent is this engine being used?
That, to be honest, is a quite difficult question, as I have no reliable information about usage.
And most importantly;
-To what extent are people prepared to help me with possible questions I have?
That is an easy question: You can rely on me answering all questions that you may have, I'll do my best to answer them all thoroughly. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
Marien

Re: First post of 2016

Post by Marien » 2016-01-08, 08:21

Thanks for answering my questions! I'll start working with cafu in a week from now.