Red Ceiling was made in about 2 months, and was my 2nd term final movie.
I decided to go for some "real" look, and i wanted a more moody story, most of my other students decided to do more fun stuff, comic look etc.
Im not really satisfied with the short, because
-it starts and ends not quite right
-The VERY jerky animation, because of some quite heavy bugs in mayas mixer node.
The animation was one of my most frustating moments, because it was impossible to mix to clips of movement together (while the manual declines a very easy to use workflow)
This problem made it nearly impossible to mix multiple animations clips, without destroying my entire model. so i only could start and end animation areas after one another, resulting in a very static, jerky movement.
So when time was running short i just did what i could, but it still bothers me quite a lot
On the other side "Sweets" turned out much better then expected, in just 4 days doing everything from modeling, rigging, animation and rendering.
However, every project was worth the effort no matter of the result !
I just learned so much about working, organising, different tools and much more.
Its cool to see Ca3D going along so well, and i hope i can still do some content, i still owe you a character model !! ^^
I have to check out the next release for the xsi exporter with ogre
simultaneous multi-user online editing in CaWE
That sounds absolut awesome, and im very eager to get more infos on that, since it offers quite some potencial for example live/interactive teaching lessons!
You could add a record function for users, to see interactively how to create a room or other stuff right inside the editor !!
However im still here and will follow along every release, and news