A short overview of the major enhancements:
- The sky is properly rendered now: technically simple, but visually much more pleasing than before.
Many thanks to Stecki for allowing me to include his sky maps with Ca3DE!
- All T-junctions are eliminated on map change.
- Mouse input is now supported.
- The keyboard layout (character control) has been changed to the commonly used one. The readme.txt file has a detailed key assignment list. Together with the mouse-look feature, this will greatly contribute to your convenience, as the new settings now reflect the two most popular character control settings.
(A keyboard layout customization facility will soon follow.)
- Major code design enhancements have been made.
The DOS version of Ca3DE ist not included with the demo version anymore. That's a pity (for historical reasons I'm sad to see it go), but the DOS renderer was a pain to maintain and not a particularly good fit for the current targeted computers. (If someone still wants to see Ca3DE on DOS, I can send out the old demo by email.)