Roadmap, Google Summer of Code 2010, Gmane

News about the Cafu Engine. Subscribe to the related ImageCafu News feed to stay informed.
Carsten
Site Admin
Roadmap, Google Summer of Code 2010, Gmane

Post by Carsten » 2010-03-04, 17:26

Hi all, today I'm happy to be able to say that more administrative tasks have largely been completed:

First of all, we now have a Roadmap page that outlines the Cafu development process and refers to the list of open tickets that are scheduled for implementation. The Roadmap items itself are kept as tickets in the issue tracker in the future and asap ("as soon as possible") milestones, and are thus easily accessed via the tracker reports. For example, this one lists all tickets, ordered by milestones.
As always, you're welcome to add your own ideas to the Roadmap, and/or to help with implementing them! :wohow:

I think that the list already contains several very interesting items, such as OpenGL 3.2 and DirectX 11 renderers for Cafu, work on plants and vegetation, port to Mac OS, and many more. Accordingly, this year we will apply as a mentoring organization for the Google Summer of Code 2010. I don't know if we have any chances of being accepted, but the GSoC is definitively a great project and worth a try - after all, we have great technology with Cafu, and I hope that both students and Google are interested in further improving it. We will post more information and especially a more detailed list of ideas here soon. :up:

Finally, thanks to Gmane, all our mailing lists are now available as Usenet newsgroups for reading with a newsreader as well. Gmane provides mail-to-news gateway in both directions, so that you can both read and post messages to the newsgroups. :book:
Best regards,
Carsten