Cafu on Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot)

News about the Cafu Engine. Subscribe to the related ImageCafu News feed to stay informed.
Carsten
Site Admin
Cafu on Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot)

Post by Carsten » 2011-10-21, 20:49

We just completed a set of minor changes to make the Cafu Engine compile and work on the new Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot). Ubuntu 11.10 comes with the GCC 4.6.1, and we used the opportunity to streamline the build process as well.

When you compile from source code, you can update to the latest revision as usual with the command

Code: Select all

svn update
This takes care of everything automatically, but if you run this in an existing working copy that was checked out before r410, please run the following commands as well:

rm -rf ExtLibs/freealut/build/
rm -rf ExtLibs/mpg123/build/
rm -rf ExtLibs/openal-soft/build/
These commands make sure that stale and now unused files created in earlier builds don't confuse the linker in current builds. After the above commands, just re-run SCons as usual:

scons
and everything should work properly on Ubuntu 11.10 -- and of course on older versions and on other systems as well! :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
Haimi

Re: Cafu on Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot)

Post by Haimi » 2011-12-14, 11:53

I think it is useful if we mention the problem here, that happens if you build CaFu with the current FBX SDK. It might also happen if you use any other system that compiles using GCC >= 4.6.1

First, you have to have a look at Carstens post in the autodesk forums and apply his patch: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk ... ntu-linux/

Then you have to determine if the version of your FBX SDK is the Version equals the version in the SConscript file (Windows users: line 172; Linux users: line 182).
In my case I had to change it from 2012.1 to 2012.2

In my case, it compiled like a charm
Project Status: Code architecture definition
6 Programmers, 1 Photographer, 1 Architect, 1 Game designer