Problem with texture & model

Discuss artwork in all of its forms here, from level design to GUI button themes. New MODs planning, work-in-progress and other samples are welcome in this forum as well.
cthoennes
Problem with texture & model

Post by cthoennes » 2012-08-30, 22:15

Greetings,

I made a simple model (a shelf) that I inserted into a game using the tutorials provided. But after inserting it into the world/the model editor/viewing it ingame, the texture was gone - what used to be wood became a plain brown color.
It was a wood texture sized 160 x 1107 Pixels, png format. Blender, which I used to model the shelf, rendered it just fine. So it must have been something I did wrong while exporting or importing the file...
I did not change the .cmat file more than altering the file name.
Both of the files are available here: Dropbox - Public link
(Sorry, but they are too big for uploading them here).
Thank you a lot for your help.
HWGuy

Re: Problem with texture & model

Post by HWGuy » 2012-08-30, 22:44

You should use power of two sized textures, 1/2/4/8/16/32/64/128/256/512/1024/2048/4096
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Problem with texture & model

Post by Carsten » 2012-08-31, 01:11

Hi cthoennes,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

The problem is not the texture: Cafu can deal with non-power-of-two textures. (However it does so by scaling them to the next available power of two, so doing the scaling yourself can help to keep memory consumption low and the quality high.)
That's a very nice piece of wood, btw. ;-)

You only see plain brown, because the u/v-texture coordinates did not make it into the .cmdl file, they're all (0, 0).

Can you please post the Blender source file that you converted the cmdl from, so that I can have a look?
And do I assume right that you used the Model Editor for loading and converting the original file?
Were any intermediate file formats involved?
Best regards,
Carsten