Sky Pack Edition 1

Discuss artwork in all of its forms here, from level design to GUI button themes. New MODs planning, work-in-progress and other samples are welcome in this forum as well.
Pulsar_Coder
Sky Pack Edition 1

Post by Pulsar_Coder » 2005-12-07, 15:20

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that our first texture pack is available.

The pack includes 16 sets of royalty-free skybox textures (512x512 BMP format) for only USD 11.95.

Also, and for limited time only, you can get the bundle pack ('Music Pack Volume 1' plus 'Sky Pack Edition 1') for only 14.95 (25% off of the regular price if you buy them separately).

Please visit us at http://www.pulsarcoders.net to see the thumbnails of each set and see details.

Kind regards,
Pulsar Coder
Kai

Post by Kai » 2005-12-07, 16:24

Hmm selling a few cubemaps that are made with terragen ?
They are not even hdr format.. so why should someone pay for something that dozen of other sites offer for free ?

For example:I can get a about 200 HDR Images in different resolutions and settings for about 99 Euro.. and those can be downsampled for any old gameengine or used in even the latest hightech engine or application.

Btw.: There is no disclaimer, no address, telephone number or a description where the company is located/registrated or who is behind all.
Also the design of the page is quite amateur like, noise images, bad color theme...
All of this makes me think of an unreliable business, and as i said before, there are dozens of sites, that offers the same content for free and sometimes even at better quality.
Just my 2 cent ;)
Pulsar_Coder

Post by Pulsar_Coder » 2005-12-07, 17:11

Well Kai, there are people who offer tangible things to communities (at least virtually speaking) and others whose only purpose -maybe in life- is to destruct what others can make -even when posting messages to discourage other users.

The disclaimer is within each product. The address and phone number, as many other sites, is not posted because we do not want to.

You think our business is unreliable, well, then you must talk to share-it! Maybe you think they are unreliable too ...

Not every product has to be given away free. And those that seem to be free in the long term they are not -i.e.: in some cases the ones you are looking for in those pages are not free at all.

About the quality, one thin is that you do not like how they look and other is the quality it-self -which implies more technical reasons.

Finally, what I see is that your comments have a certain bias to negative critics.

You do not like the product, right, is your choice, but discouraging others but saying that the business is unreliable -what in fact, si not true at all- is another matter ...
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2005-12-07, 17:24

Pulsar Coder,
this forum is not a place for advertisement!

Do it again, and you'll be :banned:

Thread locked.
Best regards,
Carsten