after the common sight-seeing through the TechDemo.cw map the day before yesterday, I suggest to start some detailed "brain-storming" or concepts for the outdoor terrain.
Here is some summary / some thoughts:
- The starting point should be somewhere on the beach (e.g. because we've been dropped from a helicopter or a small boat).
- There can also be bays (Buchten) or embouchures (Flußmündungen) breaking the coastline, and the starting point might be more in the mid of the terrain if it is at a bay or embouchure.
- There should be two paths from the starting point to the indoor entry point: One that is pretty short and obvious, one that is longer, probably roughly around the island, along the coastline, for those who like a refreshening walk in a sea breeze.
- The terrain will be covered with LoD vegetation.
- The story background is that we enter our employers research facility "backwards" through it's emergency exit, in order to investigate communication breakdown.
If we can do more, it would be even better, but this additional work would be entirely optional.
A bridge across the water where the bay is narrow, additional vegetation models, wooden signs (e.g. "Welcome to Monkey Island!"), rocks and other stuff that marks the path around the island, small wooden buildings (Hütten), animals, etc.
Therefore, I'd like to start a call for topographic suggestions of the heightmap, that is, sketches on how the island should look like from a birds perspective.
The goal is to be able to subsequently create a "final" heightmap that will be used throughout the TechDemo (if at all, only minor, local changes can be made after we have come to a global descision).
I've posted my suggestion here (really a good training for Gimp layers): http://images.ca3de-community.de/main.p ... itemId=175