W.I.P. Galery

Discuss artwork in all of its forms here, from level design to GUI button themes. New MODs planning, work-in-progress and other samples are welcome in this forum as well.
Hidong
W.I.P. Galery

Post by Hidong » 2008-11-20, 23:36

I'm working on a Galery and want to present you some Screenshots out of it.

Comments will be great =)
Attachments
galery_001.jpg
Main Hall
galery_002.jpg
Floor to the 1st "Room"
galery_003.jpg
Entrance Area
Thrawn

Re: W.I.P. Galery

Post by Thrawn » 2008-11-21, 18:53

Hi,

nice screenshots, I like the lighting. You should downscale the ground texture, the rest seems fine. I'm looking forward to new shots!
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: W.I.P. Galery

Post by Carsten » 2008-11-21, 21:27

Wow, Hidong, the shots are great!! :wohow:

When I recently looked at your map wrt. the speaker entity, I neither ran the Radiosity computations, nor did I have the materials and textures that you employ. I liked the map even then, but now seeing your actual images I'm happily surprised!

I especially like the texture that you use for the walls (looks very realistic), and the way how the rooms are lit. This kind of lighting is a nice idea that I've never seen in a Ca3DE (or any other) map before. :shock: :cheesy:

Btw, the room lights along the walls are quite "thin", and this contributes to the "blocky" diagonal shadow edges in some places. The shadow edges become softer when the lights are broader, but I'd have to have a look at your map again in order to be sure.

Excellent job! :-D
Best regards,
Carsten