working with Ca3dE logo

Discuss artwork in all of its forms here, from level design to GUI button themes. New MODs planning, work-in-progress and other samples are welcome in this forum as well.
Deadalus
working with Ca3dE logo

Post by Deadalus » 2004-09-30, 20:07

hello there
first thing i notice when i tried Ca3de the first time is you logo is ugly ( no offence) so i tought i might help you guy with the graphic side of yout projet
(carsten look at your mail)
here i try changing the logo a little bit . this is a screen capture of the first try.
go ahead smash it to piece ;) if on another hand you like it i remove the copyright and its officially your . my gift to the project .
btw is there a way to use another format of image file??
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-09-30, 22:21

umm its kinda cool...
i think instead of having the 'e' as a superscript it would look better to have 'engine' under the main part of the logo
i kinda dont like the a being inside the c but oh well

what program?
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Deadalus

Post by Deadalus » 2004-09-30, 23:19

hello shadow
it only photoshop some kind of a speedy
i tryed with engine wrote under and it look Ok
as for the A in the C i tought it would look more LOGo-ish with it and it doesn't remove lot of readability
ill post another one to compare
Deadalus

Post by Deadalus » 2004-09-30, 23:20

here you go
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-02, 01:36

i like it. i get your point about the a im just not 'loving it'
just some color tweaking and it should be good. have you tried putting a small glow effect on anything? im just thinking that it could look kinda cool with a glow. about the 'a' are there any shadows being cast onto it or is it casting ne shadows? i think thats why it doesnt look quite right...

how do you like my logo?(look down)
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: working with Ca3dE logo

Post by Carsten » 2004-10-02, 11:50

Hello Deadalus
Deadalus wrote:first thing i notice when i tried Ca3de the first time is you logo is ugly
Why? I like it. ;)
(carsten look at your mail)
Didn't receive anything.
here i try changing the logo a little bit. this is a screen capture of the first try. go ahead smash it to piece ;)
Well, its well done, and I like the futuristic look, but both the "Ca" as well as the "D" look too much like square blocks, and the "3" is not easily recognizeable as the number three.
Please don't get me wrong - I'm very grateful for your efforts, but I still like the old logo better.
Other opinions?
btw is there a way to use another format of image file??
Whats wrong about png?
Best regards,
Carsten
Deadalus

Post by Deadalus » 2004-10-02, 17:33

okay the logo thing is just a matter of taste ;) too be honest it was just some doodle that turn out good . :) well to me
maybe i'll try some other thing like different font and color scheme.

for the email i'm pretty sure i sent you one at CarstenFuchs@T-Online.de

for the png. i was just curious :D
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-02, 18:43

png is fairly small so i dont see anything wrong with it, also cause my primary graphics program uses it haha.
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2004-10-02, 23:36

Deadalus wrote:for the email i'm pretty sure i sent you one at CarstenFuchs@T-Online.de
Yes, got it. Thank you! Will reply tomorrow morning. :)
Best regards,
Carsten
n321

Post by n321 » 2006-12-08, 07:31

Hey man I LOVE it . In fact as I am modding out Ca3DE for my project I decided to use it. Also once Carsten allows me to load directly to a gui instead of the config menu I wanted to put the engine logo in the bottom corner of the main menu. I also am planning on making a cinematic that will play at the beginning of the engine load up (before the main menu like a ID soft game) that says powered by the Ca3D Engine Technology and I think I will make a 3D version of your logo for it!......If thats ok with Carsten!
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-12-08, 11:41

n321 wrote:[...] that says powered by the Ca3D Engine Technology and I think I will make a 3D version of your logo for it!......If thats ok with Carsten!
Sure. :cheesy: :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
dagobert

Post by dagobert » 2009-09-02, 18:09

Hey.

Although the topic is a little old and dusty by now:

I would agree on the current logo to be looking a bit "undesigned"/not very welcoming to the eye.

>What do you guys think about a small logo contest in a special thread with a deadline and winner declaration?<
It's not a Bug, it's a Feature!
Wait...
Alright, it's a Bug.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2009-09-04, 00:32

dagobert wrote:
>What do you guys think about a small logo contest in a special thread with a deadline and winner declaration?<
:cheesy: Well, I like the idea, but there is some "logistics" issue that you should be aware of: As you've certainly read, Ca3DE is renamed to Cafu Engine soon.

Well, and my secret "hope" was to re-use the new website banner
for the "Loading..." screen as well.
This would at least be a nice steps towards consistency: Have one logo, and repeat it everywhere, so that people recognize it at once. Just like the M of MacDonalds, the colors of Coca Cola, etc. ;-)

Variants of the base logo are of course possible, so if there is really a desire, I would be happy to hold and support a contest (however I believe most people who're working with Cafu these days re-brand their final product anyway, and so they are occupied with making logos for their own final software :up: ).
Best regards,
Carsten