Model-Editor Unwrapping?

Discuss artwork in all of its forms here, from level design to GUI button themes. New MODs planning, work-in-progress and other samples are welcome in this forum as well.
Haimi
Model-Editor Unwrapping?

Post by Haimi » 2012-01-22, 13:16

Hi folks,

Does the Model Editor support exporting a Wireframe to enable making a texture for a specific model? I cannot do this from my editing tool and I'd like to create very detailed textures... Or is there a way to simply create border-line-images from a model the simple way?
Project Status: Code architecture definition
6 Programmers, 1 Photographer, 1 Architect, 1 Game designer
HWGuy

Re: Model-Editor Unwrapping?

Post by HWGuy » 2012-01-22, 13:26

Blender's wrapping has improved vastly with the Sintel(Durian) release, try it out, there's some good tutorials around.
Although there's code in Cafu for making wraps, it's not usable for someone texturing.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2012-01-22, 15:44

Hi Haimi,
Haimi wrote:Does the Model Editor support exporting a Wireframe to enable making a texture for a specific model? I cannot do this from my editing tool and I'd like to create very detailed textures... Or is there a way to simply create border-line-images from a model the simple way?
Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your question, and what exactly you want to achieve?

However, although the Model Editor may get additional export capabilities in the future, it's purpose is not to "create" or "generically edit" a model. (For this purpose, many very good programs are available already, such as Blender, 3D Studio Max, etc.)

Instead, the Model Editor is used at the "end" of the pipeline: you use it to load or import your ("finished") model, make Cafu Engine-specific settings and adjustments (accounting for the Cafu-specific features), and make the model available for use in CaWE and Cafu.

For conversions, Milkshape can be very useful.
Best regards,
Carsten
Haimi

Post by Haimi » 2012-03-07, 14:27

Okay, I attended a Blender Modelling Workshop and saw that I did not know the right way of UV unwrapping...

So it was a "brain-fault" :)
Thanks however :)
Project Status: Code architecture definition
6 Programmers, 1 Photographer, 1 Architect, 1 Game designer