unable to execute DeathMatch.

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
chaiein
unable to execute DeathMatch.

Post by chaiein » 2012-04-12, 12:41

I am :? confused about how can i run the Death match program. In visual c++ 2008 Usually there will be a main.cpp file which starts executing from that but here i find many files. what is the procedure to do execute game files developed by cafu.

one more thing is I know how ca3DE editor used and I am again confused where the code is written. As a beginner I really need clear information and I will be very Thank full for the same
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: unable to execute DeathMatch.

Post by Carsten » 2012-04-12, 21:50

I am :? confused about how can i run the Death match program. In visual c++ 2008 Usually there will be a main.cpp file which starts executing from that but here i find many files. what is the procedure to do execute game files developed by cafu.
A game (sometimes also called "MOD" for MODification) for the Cafu Engine is implemented as a program library, not a standalone program. The game library is loaded, dynamically linked and then used by the main engine executable, Cafu.exe on Windows systems.
The source code for the DeathMatch DLL is in subdirectory Games/DeathMatch/Code.
one more thing is I know how ca3DE editor used and I am again confused where the code is written.
Subdirectory CaWE.
As a beginner I really need clear information and I will be very Thank full for the same
No problem. Ask clear questions and you'll get clear answers. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
chaiein

Post by chaiein » 2012-04-13, 05:19

Now I have Installed Vc++ 2008.should i install lua? or copy lua files if yes how?should I be using lua codings while developing games?

When I started new project in vC++ under win32 console application. copied all files in DeathMatch/code. I linked Header files and source file but i get Fatal error of missing some lua files, some .h files and some .hpp files. Aren't .h file and .hpp files same?
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2012-04-13, 21:55

If you want to build the Cafu Engine programs from source, please have a look at
http://www.cafu.de/wiki/cppdev:gettingstarted

:up:
Best regards,
Carsten