Also when I'm selecting a model to import into the model editor, when I click on the up or down arrows on the scroll bar to navigate to the correct folder the program locks up and I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out.
so go to File>New>Model then click multiple times on the up or down arrows in the dialogue. I'm using windows 7 with 32 bit binaries.
As for opening .obj, this also works when I try, can you upload the .obj you can't open for us to try using? Perhaps it is a non-standard file.
tuldok89's analysis is right: The scripts currently don't take the FBX SDK into account. I'll fix that and upload new binaries.
I'll also look into the file dialog issue, although that is something that should not happen: The "File Open" dialog is a Windows-native control, not something that we've written ourselves. But I'll try to reproduce and investigate anyways.
(Or the blue pair?)
In any case, I cannot reproduce any problem with them.
It sounds like you have installed an Explorer plugin or extension (as I have with TortoiseSVN, it makes the green dots) that causes the problems?
E.g. if something loads a preview image of the file contents in place of the usual file icon, if the program responsible for such loading fails, you can experience "locking" that matches the symptoms that you describe.
Regarding FBX support, I've uploaded new binaries (64-bit Linux follows later today).
Can you please test again?
I've also prepared a small "How do I get my models into Cafu?" video. If all goes well, I'll upload it later today, too.
I tried out a collada file (.dae), trouble is something messed up on import, the uvs got rotated
I tried importing the exact same model into another engine and it worked fine
The model was originally exported from SoftimageXSI 7.01 and I believe its collada 1.4. I double checked it in blender and another game engine so the file should be fine.
One side problem, I was originally using 2048x2048 .tga files for my material, but decided to halve the size and convert them to .png when this error cropped up
All I did was change the file extensions in the .cmat file. the texture shows up properly in the material browser. I converted the files using paint.net
I tried with both .png and .jpeg both come up the same
I'll email you the files so you can check them out yourself.
The problem with the file dialogue was my fault. I was navigating to an external drive which was just slow to activate whenever I went to it. Very annoying
Got your mail with the files -- thank you very much!scott wrote:I tried out a collada file (.dae), trouble is something messed up on import, the uvs got rotated
I'll look into it asap.
If you tested other models with u/v-mapping as well, please let me know if this problem occurs with all of them, or only with some.
This looks like the "file not found" texture that was substituted for one of the component textures: In theOne side problem, I was originally using 2048x2048 .tga files for my material, but decided to halve the size and convert them to .png when this error cropped up
cmatfile from your mail, there seems to be a typo in the normalmap specification: It says
Statue_Normals.tga, and the model loaded correctly when I changed this to
I'll report back as soon as I've looked into the u/v issue.
With your statue model, you have to reload it from the
.daefile in order to get a proper new
I also tested r525 with all files in the "Collada 1.4.1 Basic Samples" set: before the fix they showed the same symptoms as the statue model, but all work properly now with correctly aligned textures.
On the weekend I'll whip up a few more test models to try out the other formats. Got to figure out how to use Blender now since my Softimage license has expired
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest