Questions about debug&step

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
alansalexer
Questions about debug&step

Post by alansalexer » 2012-05-05, 10:38

Is there any way that I can use "step" command of gdb to debug DeathMatch? For example , in VisualStudio, I can add a breakpoint to a line(the code may be an invoke of a function), when the program comes to this line, it pauses and I can use Step-Into to go into the function to see how the it actually works.
I think Step-Into is not only a very efficient way to find bugs but also a good way to explore code. Can I do this with Cafu in Linux ?
I've tried typing

Code: Select all

gdb build/linux2/g++/debug/Ca3DE/Cafu
But once the Cafu starts(GUI menu appears), I can't input any gdb command. How to put some breakpoints into the code of DeathMatch? (For example, What should I do if I want the game pauses once I open fire with the left mouse button?)
Thanks!
alansalexer

Re: Questions about debug&step

Post by alansalexer » 2012-05-05, 15:27

Well, never mind. I just figure out how to debug with gdb in Geany, and I can use Step-Into sucessfully. Geany is really a great light IDE and you can use set scons within it to build.
Keep on exploring :D