compile error with vs2008

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Post Reply
zengqh
Posts: 6
Joined: 2012-08-10, 11:06

compile error with vs2008

Post by zengqh » 2012-08-10, 11:12

my native language is chinese, and i found that you cafu is very intersting.
but i get some error when compile this engine.
Ca3DE\Server\Server.cpp : error C2220: ??????? - ????“object”??
Ca3DE\Server\Server.cpp : warning C4819: ?????????????(936)????
??????????? Unicode ?????????
it is about some encoding error, seems some other language(German ?) was in
the source code?

some graphics engine like irrlicht, ogre won't have such problems...

any suggestion will be grateful...

forgive my poor english, i try to make it clear.
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2169
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: compile error with vs2008

Post by Carsten » 2012-08-10, 22:41

Hi zengqh,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
zengqh wrote:my native language is chinese, and i found that you cafu is very intersting.
but i get some error when compile this engine.
Ca3DE\Server\Server.cpp : error C2220: ??????? - ????“object”??
Ca3DE\Server\Server.cpp : warning C4819: ?????????????(936)????
??????????? Unicode ?????????
it is about some encoding error, seems some other language(German ?) was in
the source code?
This very much sounds like the problem reported at http://www.cafu.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1037

Which version the source code do you use? From a compressed archive, or from SVN?

In any case, I'll attempt to complete a fix tomorrow. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
zengqh
Posts: 6
Joined: 2012-08-10, 11:06

Re: compile error with vs2008

Post by zengqh » 2012-08-11, 03:06

Carsten wrote:Hi zengqh,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
zengqh wrote:my native language is chinese, and i found that you cafu is very intersting.
but i get some error when compile this engine.
Ca3DE\Server\Server.cpp : error C2220: ??????? - ????“object”??
Ca3DE\Server\Server.cpp : warning C4819: ?????????????(936)????
??????????? Unicode ?????????
it is about some encoding error, seems some other language(German ?) was in
the source code?
This very much sounds like the problem reported at http://www.cafu.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1037

Which version the source code do you use? From a compressed archive, or from SVN?

In any case, I'll attempt to complete a fix tomorrow. :up:
thanks for your reply, i will try to compile it.
i will try to write some articles about this engine, in my place ogre is the most
popular open-source engine, after i see the demo clip, i think cafu is very nice engine, with cool world editor, fps support, terrian...
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2169
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: compile error with vs2008

Post by Carsten » 2012-08-11, 13:00

zengqh wrote:thanks for your reply, i will try to compile it.
I've just committed a fix to this issue:
If you use Subversion, please update to SVN head revision.
If you don't use Subversion (please let me know!), I'll upload another set of archives later today.
i will try to write some articles about this engine, in my place ogre is the most
popular open-source engine, after i see the demo clip, i think cafu is very nice engine, with cool world editor, fps support, terrian...
Thanks! :wohow:

The approaches of Ogre and Cafu are a bit different: Ogre is a very good graphics rendering engine, whereas Cafu also covers networking, scripting, etc., so that we're more focused on being "game-ready" (but still modular and flexible).
Best regards,
Carsten
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2169
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: compile error with vs2008

Post by Carsten » 2012-08-20, 12:04

Just an update, in case you didn't notice it already:

I uploaded new source code archives (r611) over the weekend, see http://www.cafu.de/downloads

If you don't use SVN anyway, please use one of the r611 archives, they should fix the problem that you reported.
:up:
Best regards,
Carsten
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests