Battlegrouds

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Edareot
Battlegrouds

Post by Edareot » 2005-01-23, 23:21

Just a quick question guys,

As some of you know (or have guessed) I am developing a Ca3De MOD. The next thing I am thinking about, with the release of CaWE is Maps, if you could fight anywhere, where would you fight?

The list of possible arenas (for different game types, story mode, deathmatch, capture the flag, etc.) I have thought of so far are as follows:

1. Office
2. Rooftops
3. Ships
4. Docks
5. Warehouse
6. Train
7. Mine
8. Dam
9. Forest
10. Bunker
11. Airstrip
12. Plane
13. Pyramids
14. Building Complex
15. Beach - Kinda like WW2 D-day landings
16. City Fighting (Urban Warfare)

Can you think of anymore?
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2005-01-24, 01:55

what type of game is it? i know its an fps but i mean like a fast/slow paced big/small teams? will be alot easier to help when we know what type of area would work. do you need any help? cause pbx is stall cause of engine modifying being needed.
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
RAZOR

Post by RAZOR » 2005-01-24, 12:37

Desert
Arctic (or similar)
Canyon
Submarine
Satelite
Treetop village

When you think about it, theres no actual limit to the things you could list. You can just get more and more specific until you have things like:

1. Field with one tree in the corner and fences around it with a gate on the north side
2. Field with one tree in the corner and fences around it with a gate on the east side

Thats extreme, but you know what I mean right?
No-one quite knows why I'm here...
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn » 2005-01-24, 15:27

Well I think its hard to say because it depends of the game you plan, especially on the weapons you want to include!
Edareot

Post by Edareot » 2005-01-24, 18:23

I have developed a detailed storyline although I am thinking about a PBX style game, so that's either paintballin but those maps are pretty ovbious or a game with realistic style weapons, MP5s, M4s, etc. I was just generally thinking about where you couild turn into a battle field. Nothing to specific.
Dodger

Post by Dodger » 2006-01-17, 17:44

As i am always saying: Lets combine our Efforts. Lets finish the DM MOD and have a good basis for other MODs before you start your own MODs. It would speed up the Development and the Quality drastical. No Offense here. I just saw so many folks announcing there own MODs and none and i mean abolutely 0 were finished. I don't want to step on anyones toes, but that was what i experienced. Making a MOD all alone gets frustrating. Developing a solid MOD where everybody wins not. Just my 2 cents.
"Off all things I have lost, I miss my mind the least!"
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn » 2006-01-17, 19:15

Dodger wrote:As i am always saying: Lets combine our Efforts. Lets finish the DM MOD and have a good basis for other MODs before you start your own MODs. It would speed up the Development and the Quality drastical. No Offense here. I just saw so many folks announcing there own MODs and none and i mean abolutely 0 were finished. I don't want to step on anyones toes, but that was what i experienced. Making a MOD all alone gets frustrating. Developing a solid MOD where everybody wins not. Just my 2 cents.
So true... I think most people around here have their own ideas in their minds but seriously working on a project right now doesnt seem to be optimal atm. We really should combine our effords to create a good base for all future projects (could be a submission for the techdemo or generic stuff being included into future MDK releases like models, maps and textures)

As Shadow mentioned, some key features are still missing. Although model work and map work right now is not that much of a problem, its still not much ;) Also, 1 man armys have it 10 times that hard to create good content. We should form up teams instead, we could improve the deathmatch mod or we could start a new deatmatch mod from scratch, which is to my mind a good idea.

Building a new deathmatch mod with modern era weapons and new maps, that fit todays' standards is possible though. We could release it as a seperate game which would have a fundamental metal effect on new visitors (shows them that this engine is actually usable rather than one of those hundrets small projects which are used by noone). The amount of work we would have to put into it wouldn't be thaaat much, as we could use some techdemo work for it.
I suggest we concentrate on the techdemo now and just do little for the deathmatch stuff, and then later when the techdemo is fully done concentrate on the deathmatch game, which doesn't mean that deathmatch game development has to be on hold in the meantime.

I'm very interested in this idea, Edareot please share your thoughts with us, maybe we'll form up a team and then it can be a success :D
EDIT: WTF DODGER!!! THAT THREAD WAS 1 YEAR OLD :dots:

Well anyways, maybe it's still up to date if we turn the topic into: Game projects being realised with Ca3DE ;P
Dodger

Post by Dodger » 2006-01-18, 02:46

Well phpbb told me it was a new thread so i answered it :P

Hehe well, you fell for it too :D
"Off all things I have lost, I miss my mind the least!"
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-01-18, 10:35

Thrawn wrote:I suggest we concentrate on the techdemo now and just do little for the deathmatch stuff, and then later when the techdemo is fully done concentrate on the deathmatch game, which doesn't mean that deathmatch game development has to be on hold in the meantime.
Yes, that's my opinion, too. The DM Mod will profit from the work done for the TD, anyway, and ahead of us there is still a lot of work to be done.
Best regards,
Carsten