some questions about abilities this engine has to offer

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
bazso
some questions about abilities this engine has to offer

Post by bazso » 2013-02-23, 21:36

hello my name is bazso, i have identify the programming language i want to use is C++, i am targeting windows users mainly, but if the programming language that i want to use carry's into other operating systems and if it works for them with hopefully minimum problems i consider that a bonus point for me

i am wanting to make a air, a ground and a sea game all into one world, the type of environment will be world war 2 era and i have some questions i am needing help getting answered about what this engine can do

1. does this engine support C++

2. does this engine have AI abilities

3. what i am purposing to do is have a very huge target rich environment and i am wanting to see from the ai abilities be able to give human players a very good challenge is there a way i can set difficulty levels

4. in my game i am also planing to have 2 sides be manned by human players i know there is going to be a point when one side will want to leave the game for a while for what ever there reason may be

but the other side will want to keep playing if for what ever reason some on the side that is leaving the game but some is wanting to stay still i want them to be in control of ai to fill in the missing human numbers is there a way this can be done

5. in aircraft a player wants to be the pilot or the bombardier but does not want to man the defensive gunners can ai do targeting and firing based on a player instructions like for example *you will engage enemy aircraft when he closes with in 500m* does ai have those abilities

6. does this engine work with 3ds max content

that's all i can think about for questions atm

i don't mind sticking with a game engine but i like to be with one that updates with new features as long as the engine can keep up with pace with player base demands i consider it useful,

the min it can't keep up with the player base demands that's when i have to start looking for a new engine *and i rather not do that*to relearn a new engine all over again and i rather be with a company that i know i can code fast with there software

sorry for my very long winded way of speaking if anyone is willing to take the time to read this and is willing to respond to me you have my very huge sincere thank you i also be happy to answer any questions you have for me if you need better clarity
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: some questions about abilities this engine has to offer

Post by Carsten » 2013-02-25, 10:11

Hi bazso,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
bazso wrote:i am wanting to make a air, a ground and a sea game all into one world, the type of environment will be world war 2 era and i have some questions i am needing help getting answered about what this engine can do
Please have a look at our FAQ: Is Cafu right for our game of genre "..."?

I'll also address your detail questions below, but it's probably the answer to this FAQ that provides the best advice that we can give.
1. does this engine support C++
Yes.
2. does this engine have AI abilities
Yes, but's its a very simple system. You have to program any complex, custom behaviour yourself.
3. what i am purposing to do is have a very huge target rich environment and i am wanting to see from the ai abilities be able to give human players a very good challenge is there a way i can set difficulty levels
You'll have to program such AI capabilities yourself.
4. in my game i am also planing to have 2 sides be manned by human players i know there is going to be a point when one side will want to leave the game for a while for what ever there reason may be
but the other side will want to keep playing if for what ever reason some on the side that is leaving the game but some is wanting to stay still i want them to be in control of ai to fill in the missing human numbers is there a way this can be done
Yes, surely, but it requires some custom programming on your side.
5. in aircraft a player wants to be the pilot or the bombardier but does not want to man the defensive gunners can ai do targeting and firing based on a player instructions like for example *you will engage enemy aircraft when he closes with in 500m* does ai have those abilities
Same as above.
6. does this engine work with 3ds max content
Please see Model Editor: Support File Formats for details.
i don't mind sticking with a game engine but i like to be with one that updates with new features as long as the engine can keep up with pace with player base demands i consider it useful,
the min it can't keep up with the player base demands that's when i have to start looking for a new engine *and i rather not do that*to relearn a new engine all over again and i rather be with a company that i know i can code fast with there software
When you use Cafu, you really should be prepared to do at least some of the coding yourself, especially the game specific coding. Cafu is essentially an open-source project, and lives from the contributions of its users. Alternatively, you can contact us for a commercial agreement about program modifications. That is, we can modify and customize the Cafu Engine as per your instructions. Please contact use per email if you're interested in a contract.
Best regards,
Carsten