[SOLVED]cafu from source - no maps?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
drwbns
[SOLVED]cafu from source - no maps?

Post by drwbns » 2013-03-10, 21:37

Hi cartsen, it's been awhile, but I tried to build from source and I notice there's maps in Games/Deathmath/maps, but these aren't available in the map list when loading a new game. I know about the textures and worlds zips but are they required to have any maps show?
Last edited by drwbns on 2013-03-11, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: cafu from source - no maps?

Post by Carsten » 2013-03-11, 15:47

Hi,
drwbns wrote:I notice there's maps in Games/Deathmath/maps, but these aren't available in the map list when loading a new game. I know about the textures and worlds zips but are they required to have any maps show?
The zip files are not strictly required, but then you'd have to compile the maps yourself as explained at Compiling Maps for Cafu, and most texture images for their materials would be missing.

In order to shortcut all this, the zip files contain precompiled map files (aka. "world" files) and the texture images that the materials in the maps/worlds refer to. Unless you want to start from scratch, i.e. create your own maps and your own texture images and materials, I'd recommend to pick up the zip files. They make getting started much easier. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
drwbns

Re: cafu from source - no maps?

Post by drwbns » 2013-03-11, 16:26

Ah ok, just clearing that up, thank you :)