Scons can't find my compiler

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Carsten
Site Admin
Re: Scons can't find my compiler

Post by Carsten » 2014-04-13, 15:42

SoulRider wrote: But my system has built a path like this:

Code: Select all

build\win32\vc11\x86\debug\CaWE\CaWE.exe
Yes, of course the paths in the documentation are examples only. You must use what you have in your system, specific to your platform, compiler, architecture.
It doesn't seem to matter how I re-arrange the files, I get the same error.
You should not need to re-arrange (copy or move) anything!

Keep everything in place where SCons put it, and from the same directory where you started SCons, run the exe files. For example:

Code: Select all

X:\MyDevWork\Cafu> scons -Q
[...]

X:\MyDevWork\Cafu> build\win32\vc11\x86\debug\CaWE\CaWE.exe
Does this work?
Best regards,
Carsten
SoulRider

Post by SoulRider » 2014-04-14, 01:06

This does work, but there are a few bugs..

I recompiled the map BPRockB to work with the new entity component system. However when testing it, there were one or two problems:

Some brushes etc, from the Editor are visible in the map, such as the orange brushes that cover ladders. These also mean you can't use ladders. There are a couple of others, unfortunately, none of my screenshot or video programs will work with Cafu properly, so I can't provide you with screenshots.

Also, for some reason, while the height of my player character is correct from 1st person perspective, the player model in the real world that represents me is twice my height. I am looking out of the stomach, and can see up into the head. I know the player model is oversized, as when I walk through doorways, the top of the model is lost in the door.

Now it is working I am looking forward to playing with it and see what I can come up with...
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2014-04-14, 10:35

SoulRider wrote:This does work
Super, it's good to hear that! :wohow:
but there are a few bugs..
Yes, but they are all artifacts from the transitional work to the component system. I will all fix them in the course of my further work.
Some brushes etc, from the Editor are visible in the map, such as the orange brushes that cover ladders. These also mean you can't use ladders.
You can simply delete the orange brushes in the Map Editor (be careful that they're not grouped with the actual ladder brushes "under" them). Ladders should then (after a map recompile) work. But note that I currently work on the Human Player entity. If they still don't work then, don't worry.
There are a couple of others, unfortunately, none of my screenshot or video programs will work with Cafu properly, so I can't provide you with screenshots.
Fraps should work (for me it does), but you can also simply press F5, the built-in Cafu screenshot feature.
Also, for some reason, while the height of my player character is correct from 1st person perspective, the player model in the real world that represents me is twice my height. I am looking out of the stomach, and can see up into the head. I know the player model is oversized, as when I walk through doorways, the top of the model is lost in the door.
Yes, same as above. If it bothers you too much, you can checkout slightly older revision 0a29049 of 2014-03-29, which is before I started with the big changes to the player code, and whose first person perspective should be right. After checking out, just re-run SCons, no need to recompile the map.
Now it is working I am looking forward to playing with it and see what I can come up with...
:up:
Best regards,
Carsten