I want to create single player game

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
jaysonbourn
I want to create single player game

Post by jaysonbourn » 2014-05-12, 20:20

I want to create single player game third person shooter. Do cafu engine is able to do that? Will it can switch between first person shooter view to third person shooter view? using script etc.

How can i export cafu maps to quake .map format?

Is it possible
jaysonbourn

Re: I want to create single player game

Post by jaysonbourn » 2014-05-12, 20:30

I searched the forum and its written there that the ai is not yet created.

So new question.

I just want to know that if following is possible using lua?

myplayer and enemy. myplayer(me) and enemy distance calculation -> enemy oriented towards me and come towards me(animation 1 is used using api)-> when the enemy is enough closed(distance calculation) the animation changes to attack-> then collision detection etc and my life decreases and all those stuff etc? is that possible?
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2014-05-13, 10:31

Hi jaysonbourn,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

The answer to most of your questions is "yes", what you ask for is possible, except for the export to Quake map format.

Regarding everything else, I highly recommend that you check out the Cafu demo, the documentation, other details on the website, and this FAQ: Is Cafu right for our game of genre "..."? These will help you forming an opinion about Cafu and it's suitability for your project.
Best regards,
Carsten
jaysonbourn

Post by jaysonbourn » 2014-05-19, 16:31

Thanks for the quick answer.
A quick question. Is third person shooter is possible?? Switching between thirds person and first person possible??

There is no demo of third person shooter

How to do i get support if I am stuck??
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2014-05-19, 23:32

Hi,
jaysonbourn wrote:A quick question. Is third person shooter is possible?? Switching between thirds person and first person possible??

There is no demo of third person shooter
In short: Yes, 3rd person views are possible.

Please note that the Cafu Engine is currently undergoing very big changes: we're replacing the old entity class hierarchies with an entity component system. With the old class hierarchies, 3rd person views were difficult to implement, but the new component system makes this much easier.

For more details, I recommend that you read thread More about Component Systems. Also, I've talked a bit more about it in this post (especially note the paragraph roughly in the mid that is about 3rd person models).
How to do i get support if I am stuck??
As you did -- post here! :up:
Best regards,
Carsten