Simulating Planetary Motion

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
srabutdotcom
Simulating Planetary Motion

Post by srabutdotcom » 2014-07-12, 19:40

Dear all,

I am newbie in cafu.de and I wonder if this tools can create planetary motions.

My questions are:
  • - How to create moon completed with its texture?
  • - How to move its moon and sun based on coordinate provided as a function of time and location, I mean how to implement programming into cafu ?
  • - How to create soft shadow based on the fact that sun is not a point of light but a sphere of light?
  • - I have a code to generate moon, sun and earth coordinate but it is in java and c# and how to translate it into cafu?
Can anyone guide me?

Thank you in advance
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Simulating Planetary Motion

Post by Carsten » 2014-07-12, 21:41

Hi srabutdotcom,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

Unfortunately, your questions are quite difficult to answer, because you don't provide enough detail and basis for a detailed answer. (For example, what is the "viewpoint" for the simulation that you aim to achieve? The moon? Sun? Earth? Any point in the planetary system? Is this a scientific simulation, a space ship game, or something entirely else?)

Essentially, while I think that you can achieve what you are looking for with the Cafu Engine, I recommend that you have a look at Is Cafu right for our game of genre "..."? for additional info.
Best regards,
Carsten