"GameLibs is empty."

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Toom
"GameLibs is empty."

Post by Toom » 2015-03-20, 20:50

Hey,

I downloaded the source files, and compiled them on Debian 7 with simply running "scons -j 4"
After building was complete, i checked out the files (/Cafu/build/linux2/g++/release) and tried to run /Ca3DE/Cafu, but it gave me an error stating the gamelibs were empty.

After having enabled the "profile" build and putting 'GameLibs = ["DeathMatch"]' in my CompilerSetup.py, it still gave the same error (after recompiling of course)

I saw a thread on here via Google saying that someone else had the same problem, but he had to "put Cafu.exe in the root folder". I tried putting the Cafu launcher in the release folder rather than the Ca3DE subfolder, but it didn't change anything.

How do i fix this?

Carsten
Site Admin

Re: "GameLibs is empty."

Post by Carsten » 2015-03-21, 11:53

Hi Toom,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
Toom wrote:I downloaded the source files, and compiled them on Debian 7 with simply running "scons -j 4"
After building was complete, i checked out the files (/Cafu/build/linux2/g++/release) and tried to run /Ca3DE/Cafu, but it gave me an error stating the gamelibs were empty.
This looks good, but just for clarity, what do you mean by "downloaded" (which version? is this a Git clone?) and what by "checked out the files"?
How do i fix this?
After running "scons -j 4", did you try running the program directly from the top-level Cafu directory (without copying it anywhere) as described at item "3." in section Running the new Programs?
Best regards,
Carsten
Toom

Re: "GameLibs is empty."

Post by Toom » 2015-03-21, 13:49

Thanks for the help, Carsten. I see where i went wrong now.

With the root folder i thought they meant the folder of that certain profile (release, debug..).
It works now, thanks again.

Toom