[SOLVED] GLFW/glfw3.h not found

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Mautar55
[SOLVED] GLFW/glfw3.h not found

Post by Mautar55 » 2017-02-04, 10:15

Hello. I'm new at Linux and I'm learning cpp on it. When I try to compille cafu from a downloaded source, i get this error:

Code: Select all

g++ -o build/linux2/g++/release/CaTools/CaSanity.o -c -std=c++0x -O3 -funsigned-char -Wall -Werror -Wno-char-subscripts -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -DSCONS_BUILD_DIR=build/linux2/g++/release -ILibs -IExtLibs -Ibuild/linux2/g++/release/ExtLibs/glfw/include -IExtLibs/glfw/include -Ibuild/linux2/g++/release/ExtLibs/tclap/include -IExtLibs/tclap/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 CaTools/CaSanity.cpp
CaTools/CaSanity.cpp:32:24: fatal error: GLFW/glfw3.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
scons: *** [build/linux2/g++/release/CaTools/CaSanity.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
I followed the tutorial "Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code" as well and intalled the required libraries, I know that i need another one, the particular window & input manager GLFW.

The problem is that i dont know how to intall the library because i dont know the id(?) for "sudo apt-get" method and it isn't in synaptics even.

Thats all, thank for read and you patience, sorry by ortographic mistakes, I'm learning english yet.
Last edited by Mautar55 on 2017-02-04, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: [HELP] GLFW/glfw3.h not found

Post by Carsten » 2017-02-04, 20:39

Hi Mautar55,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

Did you clone the source code via Git, using the --recursive option?

git clone --recursive https://bitbucket.org/cafu/cafu.git Cafu
Please note that --recursive is necessary in order to obtain the full source code (including GLFW).
Best regards,
Carsten
Mautar55

Re: [HELP] GLFW/glfw3.h not found

Post by Mautar55 » 2017-02-04, 22:30

Carsten wrote:Hi Mautar55,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

Did you clone the source code via Git, using the --recursive option?

git clone --recursive https://bitbucket.org/cafu/cafu.git Cafu
Please note that --recursive is necessary in order to obtain the full source code (including GLFW).
Well, is complex, firs i had a mistake and i had to download it with SSH, then script to clone the git should be:

git clone --recursive git@bitbucket.org:cafu/cafu.git
and i get this error after a time:

Well, is complex, first i had a mistake and i had to download it with SSH, then script tho clone the git should be:

git clone --recursivegit@bitbucket.org:cafu/cafu.git

And i get an error "conection terminated" like. Now the installation gone well. I discovered that this happened because of my bad internet service.

Thank you for reply, i will mark this as solved.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] GLFW/glfw3.h not found

Post by Carsten » 2017-02-05, 00:07

It's good to hear that, thanks for the update!
:up:
Best regards,
Carsten