Information for new forum members

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Carsten
Site Admin
Information for new forum members

Post by Carsten » 2006-09-24, 11:39

:welcome1:
Hello, and welcome to the Ca3DE forums!

This forum has many very nice and capable members, and it's a great pleasure to discuss Ca3DE related matters here.
Unfortunately, the internet is also travelled by people or bots whose apparent only hobby is to ruin or misuse the work of others, or to embarrass them.

Therefore, I'm forced to take measures to keep this forum clean e.g. from bots that register themselves in order to post advertisement links etc. In order to be able to do so, please regard the following forum rules:
  • It is not necessary to register yourself if you only want to read the forums, being a registered user does not reveal any additional information. However, asking a question or posting a message requires forum registration. When you register, please activate your account within 24 hours of submitting the registration form by clicking on the link in the confirmation email that you'll receive and also enter your first post within that period.

Don't worry: This may sound complicated, but this is what most human forum members do anyway, and it helps me to distinguish them from fake registrations.

(Bots normally fail to activate their accounts, and seldom actually post a message.) This makes it easy for me to delete spam and bot accounts.

If you ever experience a problem with registering yourself, and you believe that it is related to this rule, the solution is easy: Just try again, that is, re-register yourself. If you then still have a problem, please send me an email.

I hope to be able to relax or remove this rule by additional technical anti-bot measures soon.
  • Please don't post advertisements (it's okay if they are somehow related to Ca3DE, i.e. on-topic).
  • Please regard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_Etiquette .
Best regards,
Carsten