deth match mod

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
firelord
deth match mod

Post by firelord » 2008-04-12, 01:46

i have not installed ca3d yet on my system am just reading about c++ as i was a programmer in basic a long time ago and have just got back in to programming again.from what i have read this is a great engine. is the death match mod a first person shooter, can you tell me about the artificial intelligence from the mod, for example pathfinding, does the npc comunicate with other npc's can the npc shoot from a 1st floor to ground floor at your player etc.
Thanks firelord
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: death match mod

Post by Carsten » 2008-04-14, 15:10

Dear Firelord,

welcome to the Ca3DE forums! :-)
firelord wrote: is the death match mod a first person shooter, can you tell me about the artificial intelligence from the mod, for example pathfinding, does the npc comunicate with other npc's can the npc shoot from a 1st floor to ground floor at your player etc.
The DeathMatch MOD is indeed a first person shooter, and although there is a great framework (C++ interfaces to the engine, the world etc., the type system, scripting support, etc.) that encourages the implementation of more advanced AI, the current AI implementation is still very simple.
If you're looking for a ready-made AI solution, the current version (8.03) of Ca3DE will not provide you one. If you're however interested in developing such a solution and implement it in the Ca3DE DeathMatch MOD, you're more than welcome. ;)

If you've more questions (either general or specific to implementing AI in Ca3DE), just let me know. I'll be happy to help. :cheesy:
Best regards,
Carsten