A Game like "KartRider" or "MapleStory" or whatelse

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Hidong
A Game like "KartRider" or "MapleStory" or whatelse

Post by Hidong » 2008-04-19, 21:11

Hi,

i want to ask you, if the Ca3DE could be used for a KartGame Like "KartRider" or something else?
Is it possible to do Quests, a Lobby, maybe a "Cash Shop" to buy upgrades with Real Money for example, upgrade able things and so on?
How much would it cost to Licence a Game like this with actually 5 Devs?

Thank You for your effort
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: A Game like "KartRider" or "MapleStory" or whatelse

Post by Carsten » 2008-04-20, 11:11

Hi Hidong,
welcome to the Ca3DE forums! :-)
Hidong wrote:i want to ask you, if the Ca3DE could be used for a KartGame Like "KartRider" or something else?
Is it possible to do Quests, a Lobby, maybe a "Cash Shop" to buy upgrades with Real Money for example, upgrade able things and so on?
Well, I don't know any of the games you mentioned. Could you please post some links to websites with more information and screenshots?

From what I've seen so far, the kart game itself can easily be implemented with Ca3DE. About Quest and Lobby, I had to see that first, because I'm not sure what it is. A Cash Shop probably requires a server that is dedicated to user account management. Ca3DE currently has no built-in support for such a server feature, but I don't think that it is difficult to add (requires some custom programming though).
How much would it cost to Licence a Game like this with actually 5 Devs?
I'm currently updating my licensing program as described here.
As the details are not yet fixed at the time of this writing (2008-04-20), I'll send you more information via PM in a minute. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
Hidong

Post by Hidong » 2008-04-20, 11:51

Thank You for you instructive Answer.

Here is the Link to http://de.mapleeurope.com/Maple.aspx <-- MapleStory, KartRider is at the moment closed, because they develope the Final Release.
With Quests, i mean for example in MapleStory, collect 20 stones and bring them to ... or for KartRider, win 10 races with at least 4 Players or something like that. And about the Lobby or the Main Menu, where you can click the Shop button to get there or the Multiplayer Button to go in that Area where are many channels where you can drive.

I hope that i can help you in that Point, Thanks
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2008-04-21, 18:47

Hidong wrote:I hope that i can help you in that Point, Thanks
Ah, yes, ok, :thanks:
Best regards,
Carsten