A few questions

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Mazza101
A few questions

Post by Mazza101 » 2008-04-24, 14:23

Hey guys, I'm new around here and I have a few questions.

1) How much does it cost for a premium licence with the source code?

2) Our teams plan is to a create a game where people can make accounts, and they can log in and out of the server, and when they log out all of their data is stored etc. Is this possible to do with some modifications?

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: Just realised I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry!
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: A few questions

Post by Carsten » 2008-04-24, 17:23

Mazza101 wrote:1) How much does it cost for a premium licence with the source code?
As described here, I'm currently restructuring the Ca3DE licensing program, and therefore the licensing fees have not yet been fixed. I'll give you preliminary information via PM in a minute.
2) Our teams plan is to a create a game where people can make accounts, and they can log in and out of the server, and when they log out all of their data is stored etc. Is this possible to do with some modifications?
This feature is not yet implemented, you had to implement it yourself, typically in a server application that is separate from a game server. I don't think that it would be hard though, and I could also provide some assistance if desired.
EDIT: Just realised I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry!
No problem, moved. ;)
Best regards,
Carsten
Mazza101

Post by Mazza101 » 2008-04-24, 17:32

Carsten wrote: This feature is not yet implemented, you had to implement it yourself, typically in a server application that is separate from a game server. I don't think that it would be hard though, and I could also provide some assistance if desired.
That's what I meant pretty much, so it is definately possible?
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2008-04-24, 17:52

Mazza101 wrote:That's what I meant pretty much, so it is definately possible?
Well, of course with source code modifications, everything is possible. I can see nothing that seems to prevent it.
Best regards,
Carsten