New Map on Editor crash

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Mazza101
New Map on Editor crash

Post by Mazza101 » 2008-04-24, 16:27

When I click to start a new map on the editor, it stops responding.

I am running Windows Vista - Core 2 Duo 1.6ghz - 368mb GFX - 2GB Ram.

Any ideas?
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: New Map on Editor crash

Post by Carsten » 2008-04-24, 17:08

Hi Mazza101,

welcome to the Ca3DE forums, and thank you for your report!
CaWE is supported on Windows Vista (we even do a lot of our development work on Vista), but we have not had much long-term experience on it, so please allow me some questions in order to learn more about the possible cause of the problem:

Which version of CaWE are you using?
If it is 8.03, can you please describe in more detail what happens? I.e. are there any error messages, any windows opening on the screen, etc?
Also, do you have any virus protection and/or firewall software running (unlikely cause at that point though).
Do you have working OpenGL drivers (quite likely cause of problems)? I.e. of what model is your graphics card, and what drivers do you have installed?
Which version of Windows Vista are you using (e.g Home, Business, Enterprise, ...)?
Does Ca3DE work instead?
Best regards,
Carsten
Mazza101

Post by Mazza101 » 2008-04-24, 17:24

Carsten wrote:Hi Mazza101,

welcome to the Ca3DE forums, and thank you for your report!
CaWE is supported on Windows Vista (we even do a lot of our development work on Vista), but we have not had much long-term experience on it, so please allow me some questions in order to learn more about the possible cause of the problem:

Which version of CaWE are you using?
If it is 8.03, can you please describe in more detail what happens? I.e. are there any error messages, any windows opening on the screen, etc?
Also, do you have any virus protection and/or firewall software running (unlikely cause at that point though).
Do you have working OpenGL drivers (quite likely cause of problems)? I.e. of what model is your graphics card, and what drivers do you have installed?
Which version of Windows Vista are you using (e.g Home, Business, Enterprise, ...)?
Does Ca3DE work instead?
Yes, it is 8.03. When I click New, it just freezes, and after a while it says it's stopped responding and I have to close it down. There are no error messages or windows opening.

I have AVG but it's not on at the moment. My graphics card is a laptop one but I haven't got problems running anything else (I play quite a lot of games). Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family.

I'm running Ultimate, and yes, Ca3DE does work - And very well I might add.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2008-04-24, 17:49

Ok, thanks for the information!

One more (set of) question(s): Can you use the other menu items in the main menu normally?
Especially, does "File -> Open..." work? If it freezes, too, is it before or after the Open File dialog?
Does "File -> Configure CaWE..." appear to look normally, i.e. similar to the first screenshot at http://www.ca3d-engine.de/wiki/mapping: ... gs:options ? (The "DeathMatch" game configuration must be there.)
Is "Help -> About..." fine?
Best regards,
Carsten