I'm happy to announce that the first release candidate (RC1) of the upcoming August 2008 release is now available at http://www.ca3d-engine.de/e107/e107_fil ... -win32.zip (roughly 270 MB).
[EDIT: RC1 is no longer available as it has been replaced by a more current release. See the last post in this thread and newer posts in general for the latest release.]
The release candidates will be updated until August 1st, and unless severe errors are found until then, the last release candidate will be turned into the final release on the same day, and be renamed to "August 2008 (8.08) release".
Please test, and let me know what you think!
Very important notes about the RC1:
- This is a Release Candidate, not the final demo.
- Minimum System Requirements: 1 GB main RAM (1,5 GB on Windows Vista), 256 MB video (GPU) RAM.
- There are a few known issues (problems with the music during level load, default values in Main Menu for map and model names, memory requirements reducement patch pending, Linux version not yet available). To be fixed next week, along with the Linux release.
- I'll post a list with new features since the last release during this week.
- The above link will only work as long as the RC1 is current, which however is to be expected short-lived and to be updated/replaced soon. If you find the link not working, check for more recent RCs or the final release of the Ca3D-Engine demo.