i need more help

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Builderman
i need more help

Post by Builderman » 2010-04-23, 15:30

ok, its installed and ready, yet there is another problem, how do i go to Lua and C++ scripting area, all there is a CaWa :? :wallb: and how do i edit game music.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: i need more help

Post by Carsten » 2010-04-24, 10:42

Hi,

for C++, you have to edit the source files and then recompile (which will after changes complete much faster than the first time).

For Lua scripting, what exactly do you want to script?
For the GUIs, you best start with the GUI Editor that is part of CaWE, i.e. open one of the existig GUIs in Games/DeathMatch/GUIs and experiment with it. Next step is looking into these files with a text editor for editing the Lua scripts themselves. GUI documentation is here, though I just realize that some of the texts are outdated, so at this time, your best course of action is to learn from the examples mentioned above.
For map scripting, you should look at the examples Games/DeathMatch/Worlds/*.lua

What do you mean by editing game music?
Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: i need more help

Post by Carsten » 2010-04-26, 16:27

Builderman wrote:how do i edit game music.
If your question is how you can control which music file plays when a new level starts, have a look into config.lua, where you can customize everything very flexibly.
It also shows how music is loaded and played at the console or in map scripts, e.g. as a result of some trigger event. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten