What type of games could be developed?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
mikelgb
What type of games could be developed?

Post by mikelgb » 2010-07-23, 11:34

Hello everyone.

I have never developed a game but I would like to begin doing something. I have been reading cafu's tutorial and creating a map. But what I want to develop is a sport game similar to tennis (where the camera is a static point of view) and because of that, I would like to know whether it would be possible to do it or not with Cafu engine, since I have the impression it is oriented to "first person shooter" type games.

Thanks in advance
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: What type of games could be developed?

Post by Carsten » 2010-07-23, 14:20

Hi Mikel,
welcome to Cafu! :welcome:
I would like to know whether it would be possible to do it or not with Cafu engine, since I have the impression it is oriented to "first person shooter" type games.
Well, this question is difficult to answer, because Cafu is certainly specialized on the simulation of virtual worlds with multiple participants or online players over the network (which includes first and third person shooter type games, but also a lot more). However, it is not limited to such games. I can imagine an implementation of a tennis game as you describe as well. Such a game would probably require more customization than another variant of a DeathMatch-like game, but it's certainly possible.

In summary, Cafu is very generic and flexible, and thus it just depends on your imagination and you patience for what is possible. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
mikelgb

Re: What type of games could be developed?

Post by mikelgb » 2010-07-26, 09:19

Hello Carsten,

thanks a lot for you answer. According to it, I will try to do something with Cafu and we will see whether I can or cannot.

Danke!