New Shaders?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
scott
New Shaders?

Post by scott » 2010-10-18, 11:46

Hey Carsten any new shaders planned? In particular parallax mapping and something decent for the terrain.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: New Shaders?

Post by Carsten » 2010-10-19, 21:20

Hi Scott,
scott wrote:Hey Carsten any new shaders planned? In particular parallax mapping and something decent for the terrain.
yes, they are planned, and I'd be happy to write them, if I were not fully occupied with other Cafu related work:

Right now I'm finishing improved camera control for the 3D views in CaWE, which is the result of plenty of professional counseling and feed-back.

After that, I really ought to continue the work regarding the model editor in CaWE, as I believe that this is a critically important component for the future of the Cafu engine. It will bring much improved visuals and a lots of fun as well. :cheesy:

Back to your question and the shaders, I'd be happy about any help here. The shaders would be a great start for getting familiar with the Cafu engine, and I'd be happy to tutor. (Especially as I plan to focus my own work regarding the rendering system more on the broader / structural / conceptual issues, such as (finally!) replacing immediate mode rendering with VBOs, writing a new renderer for OpenGL 4, and other tasks listed at Project Ideas.) :up:
Best regards,
Carsten