compiling error r174 - ubuntu 10.10

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
k12
compiling error r174 - ubuntu 10.10

Post by k12 » 2010-11-28, 18:06

hi,

$: scons ->

Code: Select all

scons: Reading SConscript files ...

/bin/sh: /home/k1/wERZEUGE/Cafu/ExtLibs/wxWidgets/build-gtk/wx-config: not found
/bin/sh: /home/k1/wERZEUGE/Cafu/ExtLibs/wxWidgets/build-gtk/wx-config: not found
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: building associated VariantDir targets: build/linux2/g++/debug build/linux2/g++/release
g++ -o build/linux2/g++/release/Ca3DE/AppCafu.o -c -O3 -funsigned-char -Wall -Werror -Wno-char-subscripts -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -DSCONS_BUILD_DIR=build/linux2/g++/release -ILibs -IExtLibs -Ibuild/linux2/g++/release/ExtLibs/lua/src -IExtLibs/lua/src Ca3DE/AppCafu.cpp
In file included from Ca3DE/AppCafu.cpp:24:
Ca3DE/AppCafu.hpp:37: fatal error: wx/app.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
scons: *** [build/linux2/g++/release/Ca3DE/AppCafu.o] Error 1
g++ -o build/linux2/g++/release/Ca3DE/Both/Ca3DEWorld.o -c -O3 -funsigned-char -Wall -Werror -Wno-char-subscripts -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -DSCONS_BUILD_DIR=build/linux2/g++/release -ILibs -IExtLibs -Ibuild/linux2/g++/release/ExtLibs/lua/src -IExtLibs/lua/src Ca3DE/Both/Ca3DEWorld.cpp
scons: building terminated because of errors.
$: set SCONS_MSCOMMON_DEBUG=-
$: scons

scons: Reading SConscript files ...

scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: building associated VariantDir targets: build/linux2/g++/debug build/linux2/g++/release
g++ -o build/linux2/g++/release/Ca3DE/AppCafu.o -c -O3 -funsigned-char -Wall -Werror -Wno-char-subscripts -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -DSCONS_BUILD_DIR=build/linux2/g++/release -ILibs -IExtLibs -Ibuild/linux2/g++/release/ExtLibs/lua/src -IExtLibs/lua/src Ca3DE/AppCafu.cpp
In file included from Ca3DE/AppCafu.cpp:24:
Ca3DE/AppCafu.hpp:37: fatal error: wx/app.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
g++ -o build/linux2/g++/release/Ca3DE/Both/EngineEntity.o -c -O3 -funsigned-char -Wall -Werror -Wno-char-subscripts -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -DSCONS_BUILD_DIR=build/linux2/g++/release -ILibs -IExtLibs -Ibuild/linux2/g++/release/ExtLibs/lua/src -IExtLibs/lua/src Ca3DE/Both/EngineEntity.cpp
scons: *** [build/linux2/g++/release/Ca3DE/AppCafu.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: compiling error r174 - ubuntu 10.10

Post by Carsten » 2010-11-28, 20:12

Hi k12,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
k12 wrote:/bin/sh: /home/k1/wERZEUGE/Cafu/ExtLibs/wxWidgets/build-gtk/wx-config: not found
Most likely there was a problem building the wxWidgets library - a problem that is unfortunately not mentioned in subsequent runs of scons.

Thus, please delete (or rename) directory build-gtk in ExtLibs/wxWidgets, then re-run scons. It will build wxWidgets anew, and output any errors - please post the results here. :up:

Btw., did you install all the packages mentioned at Linux Packages?
Best regards,
Carsten
k12

Post by k12 » 2010-11-29, 08:23

outch :roll: ... the folder was empty ...

scons: done building targets. :cheesy:

Thanks!
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2010-11-29, 11:34

Hi,
k12 wrote:scons: done building targets. :cheesy:
In other words, compilation works now?
k12 wrote:outch :roll: ... the folder was empty ...
Ok, but why?
(If we can improve the build script to help with similar issues in the future, I'd like to implement such improvements. :up: )
Best regards,
Carsten
k12

Post by k12 » 2010-11-29, 12:50

Carsten wrote:Hi,
k12 wrote:scons: done building targets. :cheesy:
In other words, compilation works now?

YES it works :D
k12 wrote:outch :roll: ... the folder was empty ...
Ok, but why?
(If we can improve the build script to help with similar issues in the future, I'd like to implement such improvements. :up: )
:oops: :lol: i found the Problem btw. the Problem Scenario :

before your reply:
- on my first run scons, i have problems with not correct installed system libary
- so then scons start compile and interrupted on a problem with the libary, but the build-gtk FOLDER was created with only a Config File inside.
- i fix the Problem with the libary
- run scons with the ERROR i posted

behind your reply:
- i rename that to build-gtk_old and run scons and COMPILING RUN WITHOUT ANY ERRORS now :v: :)

Other Theme btw Problem for all they have Problems with VC9 btw VC10 on windowsXP or windows7.

and become Failure
"nmake" not found
->>>> http://www.cafu.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=720

YOU NEED to set Envoironment variables (ger: UMGEBUNGSVARIABLEN ^^)

START
>Control Panel>System -> Advanced tab -> Environment -> in the lower window you have scroll down up to find PATH under variable -> value should look like

%SystemRoot%\system32 ...
EDIT and add VC/bin path so that it look like this

"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin";"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin";"C:\Python27";"C:\Python27\Scripts";%SystemRoot%\sy
ps.: sorry for my wasty english :oops:
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2010-11-30, 01:14

k12 wrote:before your reply:
- on my first run scons, i have problems with not correct installed system libary
- so then scons start compile and interrupted on a problem with the libary, but the build-gtk FOLDER was created with only a Config File inside.
- i fix the Problem with the libary
- run scons with the ERROR i posted

behind your reply:
- i rename that to build-gtk_old and run scons and COMPILING RUN WITHOUT ANY ERRORS now :v: :)
Ok, thanks!
Multiple factors are involved here, most importantly that building wxWidgets (wxGTK) is not as integrated in the build process than the other external libraries. However, I've just made a change that I hope will make things clearer in the future.
->>>> http://www.cafu.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=720

YOU NEED to set Envoironment variables (ger: UMGEBUNGSVARIABLEN ^^)

START
>Control Panel>System -> Advanced tab -> Environment -> in the lower window you have scroll down up to find PATH under variable -> value should look like

%SystemRoot%\system32 ...
EDIT and add VC/bin path so that it look like this

"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin";"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin";"C:\Python27";"C:\Python27\Scripts";%SystemRoot%\sy
Sorry, but does this actually work for you?

I doubt it, because SCons does not examine the system env vars for finding the installed compilers. Under Windows, it gets the proper settings from the registry instead, so the above change (regarding VC\bin) should not have any effect (except for possibly confusing other programs...).

Unfortunately, to make things even more complicated, at the same time SCons's automatic Visual C++ compiler detection has some bugs...

But did you try the latest version of SCons, 2.1.0.alpha.20101125, released November 25th?
It ships with VC++ 2010 support (that we previously had to patch in) and should work as documented. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten