Hello! Starting Help needed

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
PhatBoyGeo
Hello! Starting Help needed

Post by PhatBoyGeo » 2011-07-30, 22:04

Hi!

Ive got some questions

1. Which version of the engine should i download, i am not planning to make any significant changes to the actual engine, so should i download the actual release or the source code. I just want to do a mod really.

2. Whats the source code written in?

3. Whats the graphical limitations of the engine, is there bump mapping, parallax shading, light shafts. I mean, how good can this engine look?

Thanks in advance for you help :D

George
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Hello! Starting Help needed

Post by Carsten » 2011-07-30, 23:17

Hi PhatBoyGeo,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
PhatBoyGeo wrote:1. Which version of the engine should i download, i am not planning to make any significant changes to the actual engine, so should i download the actual release or the source code. I just want to do a mod really.
Well, it depends. If you're comfortable with SVN, I'd recommend getting the latest source code from the SVN repository.
Otherwise, just pick up one of the archives from the downloads page.
You can find more details at Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code.
2. Whats the source code written in?
C++
3. Whats the graphical limitations of the engine, is there bump mapping, parallax shading, light shafts. I mean, how good can this engine look?
Well, best you see for yourself:
Check out the live demo, and/or see the screenshots, and the video.
Maybe the answer to this FAQ provides some of the answer to your question as well: Is Cafu right for our game of genre "..."?
:up:
Best regards,
Carsten