lighting questions

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
curtis
lighting questions

Post by curtis » 2011-09-22, 02:56

i just got the cafu engine a couple nights ago(is is awesome :D) I was making a simple level that is a big box. However, when i ran and compiled it there was a slight problem. It was pitch black! :oops: I added light after light, but they did nothing for the light issue. Can someone please give me some suggestions to help me fix this:?:
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: lighting questions

Post by Carsten » 2011-09-22, 09:40

Hi curtis,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

What types of lights did you place? We have both Radiosity static lights that require the CaLight compiler to see them in the map, and dynamic lights that should work immediately: See http://www.cafu.de/wiki/mapping:cawe:lighting for details.

If you've run both CaLight and/or your dynamic lights are properly set, please zip your map and attach it to your message, I'll then have a look at what's up. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
curtis

Post by curtis » 2011-09-23, 04:03

Thanks for answering so fast! :D I read that page you gave me and am going to try to use radiosity based light. I will try that and tell you how it goes!
curtis

Post by curtis » 2011-09-24, 05:52

i tried radiosity based lghting and it worked thank you so much for the help!