Features of Cafu Engine

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Gerail
Features of Cafu Engine

Post by Gerail » 2011-11-18, 15:16

Hi,

my company is planning a new project for 3D Visualization. Now we are looking for a 3D Engine that can be used for the rendering

of the scences.
Some geographic data should be visualized thus it would be nice if the engine can support the transformation of different

geographic coordinate systems. But nevertheless it should be clear that this feature is not needed for a game engine.

An important point is the fact, that the engine can be used in a browser using a plugin. According to this the data should be

fetched from a web server or database using some sort of dynamic loading or streaming. If it is possible to fetch some files from

the web it shoudl be possible to encrypt the data. Furthermore the received data should be stored to reduce the traffic.

The embedding of images, sounds and videos into the scene would be nice.

It would be nice if you can tell me if some of the demands are supported by the engine.

Thanks and best regards
Christian
thomasfn

Re: Features of Cafu Engine

Post by thomasfn » 2011-11-18, 17:08

I don't think this engine can be embedded into a web browser - at least, not easily. Everything else should be possible though.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Features of Cafu Engine

Post by Carsten » 2011-11-20, 21:40

Hi Gerail,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

Well, the features you ask for are pretty specific. At this time, the Cafu engine would require additional work (e.g. writing a browser plugin, data streaming) before it can handle the task that you specified.
Best regards,
Carsten