Xml_lib[SOLVED]

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
XT_hydra
Xml_lib[SOLVED]

Post by XT_hydra » 2012-02-27, 03:35

i was compiling the lastest "Engine Revision" until it started to "make" with GCC C++ compiler then it returned an error
make: *** [xmllib_xml.o] Error 1
i didnt get that error with R418
wich i take part of letting you know that after the configuration checkout for the system librarys

oh and ive installed libxml and libxml++-devel after that
still nothing

nevermind.. i had a backup .. it seem i changed the permission on it the files wich seem to affect the way they compile.. lol sorry
i did that because im trying to find a way to make Eclipse IDE Scons plugin to work but i dont really understand.. how the console return no error in the IDE but cant build it.. that just obviously absurd so i decided to change the permission on the Sconstruct file
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Xml_lib[SOLVED]

Post by Carsten » 2012-02-28, 00:47

Hi XT_hydra,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
XT_hydra wrote:i was compiling the lastest "Engine Revision" until it started to "make" with GCC C++ compiler then it returned an error
make: *** [xmllib_xml.o] Error 1
Uhhh, sorry, but Cafu doesn't use make to build.
Neither does it use libxml.
Where does this message come from?
i didnt get that error with R418
wich i take part of letting you know that after the configuration checkout for the system librarys

oh and ive installed libxml and libxml++-devel after that
still nothing

nevermind.. i had a backup .. it seem i changed the permission on it the files wich seem to affect the way they compile.. lol sorry
i did that because im trying to find a way to make Eclipse IDE Scons plugin to work but i dont really understand.. how the console return no error in the IDE but cant build it.. that just obviously absurd so i decided to change the permission on the Sconstruct file
Sorry, I cannot parse that.
Neither do seem I to understand what your problem is, nor what you did to overcome it, if so?
Best regards,
Carsten
XT_hydra

Re: Xml_lib[SOLVED]

Post by XT_hydra » 2012-02-28, 00:56

in linux command line you can use command

Code: Select all

Chmod
wich basicly change the permission of a file and i applied the command on Sconstruct and Sconsript
wich returned an error.. i dont want you to get involved into what ive seen in the command line
i bet its not the same with every OS and library