Next release?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
scott
Next release?

Post by scott » 2012-04-07, 15:09

Hows the model editor coming along and when will the next binaries be released?
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Next release?

Post by Carsten » 2012-04-07, 15:34

Hi Scott,

good question, with good news:

The Model Editor itself is done, so everything is ready for a new stable release. Unless someone still finds a major problem in testing, any features that are still missing or minor problems will only be addressed post-release.

The (Model Editor) documentation is almost done as well and and ready for proof-reading; only the "How-Tos" page must still be written. I guess that I'll get that done over Easter.

Additionally, I've spend the last days with writing new scripts that automatically build and upload source and binary releases for all platforms. Also the website is more clever now, it assembles the list of available files automatically, so that I no longer have to hand-edit it every time. Thus, making new releases is a lot easier now for me than it was before.
Some of the release candidates (the r514 editions, no "rc" in their name) are already available at the Downloads page, the 32-bit Linux binaries should become available tonight or tomorrow.

Finally, I'll make at least two News announcements before the release, likely tomorrow or on Monday, and another one for officially announcing the release that would also be sent to other news sites, mirror sites, etc.
Best regards,
Carsten
scott

Re: Next release?

Post by scott » 2012-04-10, 10:20

Awesome! :)