1120 link errors

Get technical support about the C++ source code and about Lua scripts for maps, entities, GUIs, the console, materials, etc. Also covered are the Cafu libraries and APIs, as well as compiling, linking, and the build system.
Post Reply
cupid_wei
Posts: 9
Joined: 2013-09-11, 10:16

1120 link errors

Post by cupid_wei » 2013-09-11, 15:08

hi everyone!
i compiler the code of cafu
and i got 1120 link errors
please help me
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2145
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by Carsten » 2013-09-11, 15:52

Hi cupid_wei,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
cupid_wei wrote:i compiler the code of cafu
and i got 1120 link errors
And the link errors are? Your platform is? (Win, Linux?)
I have no crystal ball, so please have at least a cursory look at http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-ques ... #beprecise
:up:
Best regards,
Carsten
cupid_wei
Posts: 9
Joined: 2013-09-11, 10:16

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by cupid_wei » 2013-09-11, 16:40

Carsten wrote:Hi cupid_wei,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
cupid_wei wrote:i compiler the code of cafu
and i got 1120 link errors
And the link errors are? Your platform is? (Win, Linux?)
I have no crystal ball, so please have at least a cursory look at http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-ques ... #beprecise
:up:
Thank you!
My platform is Win7!
The link errors are like this:
MSVCRT.lib(gs_support.obj) : error LNK2001: Unresolved external symbol __imp_GetTickCount
lua.lib(loadlib.obj) : error LNK2001: Unresolved external symbol __imp_LoadLibraryA
etc.
They are shown on Dos window!
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2145
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by Carsten » 2013-09-11, 16:50

Hm, ok... which compiler do you use?
Which version number, which edition (express, professional, etc.)?
Is the compiler (and possibly the Platform SDK) properly installed?
And can you please post the output of

Code: Select all

scons -v
?
Best regards,
Carsten
cupid_wei
Posts: 9
Joined: 2013-09-11, 10:16

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by cupid_wei » 2013-09-11, 17:01

Carsten wrote:Hm, ok... which compiler do you use?
Which version number, which edition (express, professional, etc.)?
Is the compiler (and possibly the Platform SDK) properly installed?
And can you please post the output of

Code: Select all

scons -v
?
http://www.cafu.de/wiki/cppdev:gettingstarted
Compiling the Source Code
The "envCommon = Environment(MSVC_VERSION="9.0")" in CompilerSetup.py
Attachments
111.jpg
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2145
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by Carsten » 2013-09-11, 17:10

Could you please upgrade to (at least) SCons 2.2.0?
cupid_wei wrote: http://www.cafu.de/wiki/cppdev:gettingstarted
Compiling the Source Code
The "envCommon = Environment(MSVC_VERSION="9.0")" in CompilerSetup.py
Uh, sorry, but that doesn't really answer my questions from the previous post...
Did you modify the CompilerSetup.py file?
Best regards,
Carsten
cupid_wei
Posts: 9
Joined: 2013-09-11, 10:16

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by cupid_wei » 2013-09-11, 17:22

Carsten wrote:Could you please upgrade to (at least) SCons 2.2.0?
cupid_wei wrote: http://www.cafu.de/wiki/cppdev:gettingstarted
Compiling the Source Code
The "envCommon = Environment(MSVC_VERSION="9.0")" in CompilerSetup.py
Uh, sorry, but that doesn't really answer my questions from the previous post...
Did you modify the CompilerSetup.py file?
Ok!
I will try SCons 2.2.0 again!
The SCons 2.3.0 makes a lot of mistakes!
I modify the CompilerSetup.py file.
I change "envCommon = Environment()" to "envCommon = Environment(MSVC_VERSION="9.0")".
Because, "envCommon = Environment()" cause that the compiler don't pass.
cupid_wei
Posts: 9
Joined: 2013-09-11, 10:16

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by cupid_wei » 2013-09-11, 17:44

Carsten wrote:Could you please upgrade to (at least) SCons 2.2.0?
cupid_wei wrote: http://www.cafu.de/wiki/cppdev:gettingstarted
Compiling the Source Code
The "envCommon = Environment(MSVC_VERSION="9.0")" in CompilerSetup.py
Uh, sorry, but that doesn't really answer my questions from the previous post...
Did you modify the CompilerSetup.py file?
Hi!
I use the SCons 2.2.0.
I don't know how to solve the question!
If i ues Scons 2.0, the question disappears.
I use Scons 2.3.0,the question appears.
Attachments
56.jpg
57.jpg
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2145
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by Carsten » 2013-09-11, 18:22

SCons 2.2.0 is good and should work.

:arrow: Very important:
Please DON'T post screenshots! (Especially such where the most interesting parts are just clipped off at their bottom!)

Note that I would very much like to help you, but from the information that you provide, it is NOT possible to help you, because the information is just too little for that.

If you post command output or code, please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WU2_2ZqkkU first, then when you paste here, use the "code" markers, for example:

Code: Select all

[code] command console console output of SCons, compiler or linker... 
[/code]
:arrow: Open questions (I need you to actually answer them!):
  • which compiler do you use?
    Which version number, which edition (express, professional, etc.)?
  • Is the compiler (and possibly the Platform SDK) properly installed?
Best regards,
Carsten
cupid_wei
Posts: 9
Joined: 2013-09-11, 10:16

Re: 1120 link errors

Post by cupid_wei » 2013-09-12, 09:19

Carsten wrote:SCons 2.2.0 is good and should work.

:arrow: Very important:
Please DON'T post screenshots! (Especially such where the most interesting parts are just clipped off at their bottom!)

Note that I would very much like to help you, but from the information that you provide, it is NOT possible to help you, because the information is just too little for that.

If you post command output or code, please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WU2_2ZqkkU first, then when you paste here, use the "code" markers, for example:

Code: Select all

[code] command console console output of SCons, compiler or linker... 
[/code]
:arrow: Open questions (I need you to actually answer them!):
  • which compiler do you use?
    Which version number, which edition (express, professional, etc.)?
  • Is the compiler (and possibly the Platform SDK) properly installed?

Thank you!
i succeed!
And i enjoy it!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests