In What compiler the windows cafu official package built with??

Get technical support about the C++ source code and about Lua scripts for maps, entities, GUIs, the console, materials, etc. Also covered are the Cafu libraries and APIs, as well as compiling, linking, and the build system.
MohammedAli
In What compiler the windows cafu official package built with??

Post by MohammedAli » 2015-10-27, 15:58

Hi all, i want to download cafu and start coding with it with VS2010 or VS2012 but i really dont want to rebuild the engine (unless until i test it first), so i'm wondering in what version of visual studio the cafu official build is built with
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: In What compiler the windows cafu official package built with??

Post by Carsten » 2015-10-27, 20:22

Hi,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
MohammedAli wrote:Hi all, i want to download cafu and start coding with it with VS2010 or VS2012 but i really dont want to rebuild the engine (unless until i test it first), so i'm wondering in what version of visual studio the cafu official build is built with
If I understand you correctly, you want to download one of the pre-built binary releases and use that for coding? Well, you really should not do that: Not only are the binary releases very old, they're also not suitable for getting started with C++ coding in the first place.

The recommended approach is to follow the Getting started with the Cafu source code text. Cafu works with all versions of Visual C++ back until VC++ 2005 (although we'll drop support for that soon, so better use VC++ 2010 or newer). Support for the latest Visual C++ 2015 is not yet available, but easily added.
Best regards,
Carsten
MohammedAli

Re: In What compiler the windows cafu official package built with??

Post by MohammedAli » 2015-10-28, 13:26

Ok thanks!!!!