Cant get deathmatch to compile

Get technical support about the C++ source code and about Lua scripts for maps, entities, GUIs, the console, materials, etc. Also covered are the Cafu libraries and APIs, as well as compiling, linking, and the build system.
Sindwiller

Post by Sindwiller » 2006-04-24, 22:42

Thrawn wrote:Just wait some days then there wille be a compiler switch and I'm sure that everything will then work :)
Will the OpenWatcom Compilers still work? I prefer non-MS Software. Mostly Free/Open Source Software :roll:

Wfr, Sindwiller
Im Working on:
- Some Linux Bash-Scripts for installing stuff. Dont ask further questions, because i can't explain that more simple ^^
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-04-25, 10:02

Principally, the OW compilers are still supported, but when I last tried them, they had a bug in the code generator unit that effectively made it impossible to correctly compile Ca3DE with them.

I've reported this bug to the OW folks, it's acknowledged, but I'm not aware of it being fixed.

Good news is that the latest MS compiler is not only very good, it's also free! See http://www.ca3d-engine.de/wiki/doku.php ... m_mod_code for some additional info. (This text is very short, but if you have more questions, I'll be happy to improve it!)
Best regards,
Carsten