compiling only deathmatch game?

Get technical support about the C++ source code and about Lua scripts for maps, entities, GUIs, the console, materials, etc. Also covered are the Cafu libraries and APIs, as well as compiling, linking, and the build system.
DarkStar
compiling only deathmatch game?

Post by DarkStar » 2010-05-17, 07:03

as the subject suggests how can i compile only death match (modified) game without having to compile the engine again and again :?: :wink:

more ques
1. from where does the humanplayer.cpp functions are called
2. wich file maps the keyboard keys to the functions (like moving forward is mapped onto the W key)
3. what functions to call to render the player model in game like you call
WeaponModelView.Draw(State.ActiveWeaponSequNr, State.ActiveWeaponFrameNr, LodDist); (if i am right) to render the current wepon :?:

thanks in advanced :cheesy:
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: compiling only deathmatch game?

Post by Carsten » 2010-05-17, 22:25

DarkStar wrote:as the subject suggests how can i compile only death match (modified) game without having to compile the engine again and again :?: :wink:
Just call scons -Q again as documented.
SCons makes sure that it only rebuilds whatever needs to be rebuild according to the edits you've made.
Call scons -Q two times in a row in order to verify that the second time, it builds nothing anew, because everything has been (re-)build in the first run.
1. from where does the humanplayer.cpp functions are called
The Cafu Engine calls them via BaseEntityT (base class) pointers. Note that the entity methods are called from the server code, client code, and client prediction code.
2. wich file maps the keyboard keys to the functions (like moving forward is mapped onto the W key)
Ca3DE/Client/ClientStateInGame.cpp
3. what functions to call to render the player model in game like you call
WeaponModelView.Draw(State.ActiveWeaponSequNr, State.ActiveWeaponFrameNr, LodDist); (if i am right) to render the current wepon :?:
Sorry, I really don't understand this question - punctuation might help...
Guessing into the blue, have you seen method EntCompanyBotT::Draw() in Games/DeathMatch/Code/CompanyBot.cpp?
Best regards,
Carsten