Cut Brush

A forum about everything related to the Cafu World Editor CaWE: mapping, editing, scripting, making GUIs and fonts, using the BSP, PVS and Light compilers.
cthoennes
Cut Brush

Post by cthoennes » 2012-09-03, 22:33

Greetings,

I "moved over" from Genesis3D (anyone remember this? Quite old one). In the Genesis World Editor there was a feature that was called Cut Brush - a normal Brush that is "negative", so it actually subtracts a part of another.
That is a useful feature for making Doors, Windows and so on.
Now, maybe it's just "blindness of habit" or something, but I did not find anything like that in CaWe. Is there a simple way to make doors? I mean, of course, you could just "build around it", but that sounds like a whole load of work.
Any way to get around that?

Thanks for your help - what I seen until here makes me actually more and more happy to have moved from Genesis to Cafu!
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Cut Brush

Post by Carsten » 2012-09-03, 22:52

Hi cthoennes,
cthoennes wrote:I "moved over" from Genesis3D (anyone remember this? Quite old one). In the Genesis World Editor there was a feature that was called Cut Brush - a normal Brush that is "negative", so it actually subtracts a part of another.
Is Carve what you're looking for?
The Clipping Tool may be worth a look as well.
Thanks for your help - what I seen until here makes me actually more and more happy to have moved from Genesis to Cafu!
:thanks:
Best regards,
Carsten
cthoennes

Re: Cut Brush

Post by cthoennes » 2012-09-04, 19:03

Yup... That was exactly what I was looking for. Sometimes you get a little bit blind if you only look for what you are used to see...
Anyway, that is all I need... Next Stop: My first own video game :D
(Or maybe just my next newbie post - we'll see)

Thanks a lot!