Forum internals - News, Themes, and MODs

A forum about everything related to the Cafu World Editor CaWE: mapping, editing, scripting, making GUIs and fonts, using the BSP, PVS and Light compilers.
Carsten
Site Admin
Forum internals - News, Themes, and MODs

Post by Carsten » 2005-01-23, 19:55

Hello all,

I'm currently doing a few mild changes to the forum itself:
  • The News forum will again be locked for replies. This is necessary as News should always be sorted by the date of the original posting, which is hard to maintain with the forum "as-is" when replies are enabled. As you know, forum posts are sorted by latest posting, not by original posting date.
    I'll try to find a way to change this in the php code, such that News can be commented on once more.
  • Reduced the number of available themes. Main reason: All installed themes except the default theme did not really work with the latest version of phpBB2 (2.0.11), which in turn excluded new users from registering(!). I still keep some incompatible themes for reference, and plan to modify the default theme towards an own "Ca3DE theme".
  • The good news: I'll soon install several MODs to this forum, e.g. the "Advanced Quick Reply MOD". This will make things even more comfortable than they are. ;)
Best regards,
Carsten