A few questions / suggestions

A forum about everything related to the Cafu World Editor CaWE: mapping, editing, scripting, making GUIs and fonts, using the BSP, PVS and Light compilers.
MatejZajacik
A few questions / suggestions

Post by MatejZajacik » 2013-04-15, 12:37

Hi.

Working with the level editor, I stumbled upon a few things:
  1. Material lock - when turned on, this prevents textures (materials) on brushes from moving. That's great, but when I resize a brush, the material scale also changes, which is not what I want. In Hammer, only X and Y of materials were locked. How do I resize brushes without changing the scale of the materials on them? Do I have to turn off the material lock function every time I do this?
  2. Is there a key shortcut to maximize / restore a camera view (3D, front, side...)? This is VERY handy in Unity and I believe this was also in Hammer.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: A few questions / suggestions

Post by Carsten » 2013-04-15, 23:43

Hi,

thank you very much for your feedback, both suggestions are very good ones!
MatejZajacik wrote:
  1. Material lock - when turned on, this prevents textures (materials) on brushes from moving. That's great, but when I resize a brush, the material scale also changes, which is not what I want. In Hammer, only X and Y of materials were locked. How do I resize brushes without changing the scale of the materials on them? Do I have to turn off the material lock function every time I do this?
Yes, currently that is the only option (and I just realize that there is a bug, because the Shift+L keyboard shortcut is also used for something else, and thus doesn't work as Material Lock toggle...).

But your point is right. I've not yet looked into the source if and how it could be made work, but would you think that splitting the "Material Lock" into something like "lock material position" and "lock material scale" would be a proper solution to this?
2. Is there a key shortcut to maximize / restore a camera view (3D, front, side...)?
Not yet, but this too is obviously a useful enhancement!

Could you please submit a ticket for each of these at the ticket tracker?
You can login with your forum username and password.
This way these issues won't be forgotten, and I (or someone else, help is always highly welcome!) can look into it as soon as possible.
:up:
Best regards,
Carsten
MatejZajacik

Post by MatejZajacik » 2013-04-15, 23:53

Carsten wrote:...would you think that splitting the "Material Lock" into something like "lock material position" and "lock material scale" would be a proper solution to this?
Yes. In my several years of using Hammer, I never needed nor wanted the scale to change when resizing brushes, so if it was solely up to me, I would just remove it altogether, but I can see it being useful for some folks, so yes, dividing the option to two seems a good way to go.
Could you please submit a ticket for each of these at the ticket tracker?
I'm on it.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2013-04-17, 22:42

:thx:

Just for completeness, the related tickets are:
Best regards,
Carsten