Yet another error

A forum about everything related to the Cafu World Editor CaWE: mapping, editing, scripting, making GUIs and fonts, using the BSP, PVS and Light compilers.
ScatterBox
Yet another error

Post by ScatterBox » 2014-08-01, 04:45

Hello once again. :)

I have an error that I have come across when compiling any map that I have made in the editor. Simple maps just to test so far.

I haven't been able to compile any of them due to this error.

Code: Select all

Map compilation: Running command 'build/win32/vc10/x86/release/CaBSP/CaBSP.exe "Games\DeathMatch\Maps\new.cmap" "Games\DeathMatch\Worlds\new.cw"'

*** Cafu Binary Space Partitioning Utility, Version 11 (Jul 29 2014) ***

Registering archive "Games/DeathMatch/Textures/TechDemo.zip".
Registering archive "Games/DeathMatch/Textures/SkyDomes.zip".

*** Load World Games\DeathMatch\Maps\new.cmap ***

FATAL ERROR: "classname" property not found in entity 0.
Program aborted.

Error: Map compilation process 4348 exited with code 1.
Really the only things I have in the map is a platform and a PlayerStart entity, along with a PointLight. I have also tested compiling with a map with Terrain.

I worked with Hammer before I worked with this engine, but this is a little different from Hammer (although I'm glad to see that it is close to Hammer)

thanks for any help! :D
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Yet another error

Post by Carsten » 2014-08-01, 15:40

Hi ScatterBox,
ScatterBox wrote:

Code: Select all

*** Load World Games\DeathMatch\Maps\new.cmap ***

FATAL ERROR: "classname" property not found in entity 0.
Program aborted.

Error: Map compilation process 4348 exited with code 1.
This is a bug, thanks for reporting it! :thx:
(It is a by-product of the recent changes due to the introduction of the entity component system.)

I'll fix this later today, and post again here when the fix has been committed.
I worked with Hammer before I worked with this engine, but this is a little different from Hammer (although I'm glad to see that it is close to Hammer)
Yes, long ago, we thought that mimicking the Hammer UI was a good idea. It worked reasonably, but not entirely. With the introduction of the entity component system, the UI will somewhat change (and already has), getting better all the time. :cheesy:
Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Yet another error

Post by Carsten » 2014-08-01, 22:59

Ok, I just committed a fix (7d4ed8a). Please pull, recompile and it should work. :up:

Btw., for testing I just made a small sample map as well, and found that if the entity with the "PlayerStart" component, of which you need at least one, is placed too close to the ground, you can spawn, but are immediately stuck in ground. To avoid this, make sure to place the "PlayerStart" entity far enough above ground, e.g. at least 32 or 40 units or so. This is another issue related to the (introduction of the) component system, and I'll implement a proper fix for this later.
Best regards,
Carsten