I have decided that the SP Game code should be in a seperate dll so what I am working on a a spgame.dll that will run with Ca3De. I am then making a mpgame.dll that is basically the DM mod. Each dll is basiclly what you guys call a mod and I hope to someday use the NEW GUI system to make a menu that will allow you to choose sp or MP game and depending on what button you click is what "mod" that the engine will use. For my SP dll I am trying to integrate my old Q3 SP code that I wrote for my Q3 engine into a ca3De mod. This code already has....
RTCW Scripting (this can later be left alone and ignored to use LUA)
Events (Scripted with RTCW or LUA but LUA in my Q3 engine is likely different the cade so we may need to get together on the code later!)
Cut-Scene support (once again RTCW scripts but Lua is possible too)
I am very close to haveing Ca3de use most of my code (some has had to be altered........ALOT)
But as of now I have Monsters working and reading the RTCW AI scriptss (it is scriptable AI)
NPC's using RTCW Scripts
I am working on cutscenes but it is getting a bit hard....Ca3de does not like my RTCW code and how I spliced it in so I am going to have to check out and see if I have other options...I dont quite understand yet how ca3de's code works!!!! but it seems to be accepting what I am throwing at it until now!
Then Events I will save for you to add with LUA as it is on your to do list and then I will just put your code in to mine!
I think when cut scenes work I will look into using Ca3des physics with vehicles in both SP and DM mods...and geting NPC's to actually use the vehicles like halo in SP. In MP one persone can drive a vehicle and the other shoots ect like halo and in SP a NPC will drive and the player can shoot ect (or visa versa). I am setting up Friendly NPC's to accept commands from the player (i.e. drive or man the gun...guard this door....run ahead...cover me.....ect) Once Vehicles work with AI like I want it to I will release the code to the devs to toy with and clean up and also geive me input on how to use LUA instead of my old RTCW scripts!
Anyways that is my update.......keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!!
What would you do to make this work with ca3de.
Everything has been going great but my hacking has caught up to me so I need to drop back and punt!!!
Please keep in mind some of it is Q3 liscenced code (in fact most of it is) but this is for my personal use as I will be re writing it all but I just want to get something working to start me off please download a take a look at it and give me some advise!!!!!!
and you may need
Please look it over and tell me what my best move would be as I am stuck!!!!!!!!
nice to hear from you!
Your project sounds very ambitious...
Well, to be honest, I'm working a LOT on the upcoming Ca3DE TechDemo. It's a wonder that I usually find enough time for the meals, although I'd certainly not mind to abolish the breaks. Well, the problem is that it is really really difficult for me to dig into the code you linked - I just need the time for the Ca3DE core code right now.
However, I've two suggestion that might help:
- Either please ask shorter, more precise questions that I can answer relatively quickly, and/or
- please be patient until the scheduled TechDemo has been released - expected release date is early January 2007. After the release, I expect to find more time to get involved in the code.
How exactly does the engine link to the mod dll. I have been trying to keep the structure of you MP mod but if I knew a bit more about the code and how the exe links to the dll it might help me clean some stuff up a bit!
OK I think its time I learned the lighting stuff in ca3de.
I want to make a test. I have made a small 2 room map in cawe and have added a few pipes. All the textures are from the industri folder that looks to have naormal maps and spec maps and materials. I want to make my map look as close to doom 3 as I can so I want to use dynamic point lights. I added my point lights and I get NO LIGHT. How do I accomplish what I need to for my test.
Also. With radiosity lighting all I use are pre lit textures right?...no lights?
I have been focusing so much on the SP game code I have not even tried to figure this out!
Well, I think you're experiencing at least two of three possible issues, each of which you should check:n321 wrote:So ever since I have been using Ca3de the normal maps dont seem to be appearing and it is very bright...
- What does the gl_Info (also try glInfo) in-game console command output? If it says something about OpenGL 1.2, then there is a problem with your video drivers. If it says something about NV2X, NV3X or "Renderer for ARB vertex and fragment programs, version 1.0.", then everything is all right.
- If you have not run CaLight, the program that computes the Radiosity lightmaps, then everything is full-bright. Run CaLight to get radiosity lighting, which also turns your map darker. Attention: If you have no Radiosity lightsource defined, then the map will be pitch-black after CaLight is finished.
- Thus, alternatively or additionally to any radiosity (lightmap) lightsource you'll also want to have "dynamic" lightsources. In the old October 2005 demo, both the Trinity and the player carry such a lightsource. In the recent Sept 2006 SDK, they are possibly both turn off, so that in fact you have no dynamic light source at all. There are several ways to "fix" this (in a sense it's a bug in the SDK), one is to change the DeathMatch MOD source code to turn the players and Trinity lightsource on again (I'll make that a console variable for the next release). The other (and probably better) is to wait for the next SDK, where indeed you will be able to use the PointLight entity for emitting both Radiosity and dynamic light (or only one of these).
This is because currently, PointLight entities only emit Radiosity light, but no dynamic light. This is kind of a bug in the current SDK (with historic roots...), and will be fixed with the next SDK.I want to make a test. I have made a small 2 room map in cawe and have added a few pipes. All the textures are from the industri folder that looks to have naormal maps and spec maps and materials. I want to make my map look as close to doom 3 as I can so I want to use dynamic point lights. I added my point lights and I get NO LIGHT. How do I accomplish what I need to for my test.
I'm not exactly sure if I understand the question. You can define Radiosity light in several ways: In the materials definition with the " meta_radiantExitance" or "meta_sunlight" keywords, or with a PointLight entity. The PointLight entity will be extended to also cast dynamic light with the next SDK, you can then set the values so that it emits both types of light, or only one if you set the other value to zeros. Oh, and yes, if you use a material that has one of the "meta_*light" keywords predefined, all you have to do is to apply this material to a surface, and CaLight will automatically use it as a Radiosity light emitter.Also. With radiosity lighting all I use are pre lit textures right?...no lights?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests