Is it possible for a fishing game?

A forum about everything related to the Cafu World Editor CaWE: mapping, editing, scripting, making GUIs and fonts, using the BSP, PVS and Light compilers.
slumpysix
Is it possible for a fishing game?

Post by slumpysix » 2008-03-09, 21:21

Hello,
I'm downloading the software now and was wondering if this program could make a fishing game? Like using a boat, choosing tackle, casting, etc. I see your image at the top of the forum which looks like someone shore fishing? COuld this language be imported into an xbox game?
Just curious. Im excited about trying it out and look to hearing back from some of you..

peace...
Jeff
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible for a fishing game?

Post by Carsten » 2008-03-10, 19:00

Hi Jeff,

welcome to the Ca3DE forums! :-)
slumpysix wrote:I'm downloading the software now and was wondering if this program could make a fishing game? Like using a boat, choosing tackle, casting, etc.
Well, sure, why not? If you need help with the details, just let me know, I'll be happy to help you.
I see your image at the top of the forum which looks like someone shore fishing?
Yes, it's taken in the TechDemo map. Once your download is complete, you can see it for yourself. ;)
COuld this language be imported into an xbox game?
Language? Which language?
Best regards,
Carsten
slumpysix

Re: Is it possible for a fishing game?

Post by slumpysix » 2008-03-11, 00:18

hi carsten,
as far as everything goes, i was trying to get the software running on my xp machine. well something happen, and I completely dissolved my hard drive. well not to ashes but it may as well have been. I lost everything and had to re-install win xp.... so after I get that machine back up and runnung, I'll give it another go and hopefully will get it to happen. that's great about making a fishing game as that is my ultimate goal. as far as the language I guess i am used to coding in programs and I guess this makes stand alone games? I am learning as I go so to speak and would like to get a game on xbox live when they make it available this spring and trying to learn what I need to before then. Does that make sense??? LOL...
Thanks..
Jeff