Could you re-enable the old behaviour? Getting the numbers update only after the operation makes the work unnecessarily difficult!
thank you very much for your report!
That's exactly the kind of feedback we need, because we sometimes make big structural changes or enhancements, and although we are used to testing our changes thoroughly, we sometimes miss some cases.
Yes, I'm already working on it. The issue itself is easy enough to fix, but I would still like to investigate a performance issue that I got aware of during my tests.Hidong wrote:[...] In earlier versions the current size was updated immediately, while the mouse was moved and thus while map element was still being resized!
Could you re-enable the old behaviour?
I'll upload a fixed CaWE.exe the latest on Monday. (You need the executable for Windows, right?)
Is it even possible, to change the new CaWE Layout to the old one?
I liked the old one more
ok, good news is that I've been able to fix both the dimensions indicator (white X and Y sizes text) so that it is now updated live and in real-time during the transformations, and the performance issue that I noticed with the Selection tool.
Is this with regards to the 2D and 3D windows layout (or rather regarding the toolbars, the Materials browser, etc.)?Hidong wrote:Is it even possible, to change the new CaWE Layout to the old one?
I liked the old one more
Well, assuming you want to have that third 2D view back, here is a work-around (almost, but not quite, a "solution"):
- Select View | Open new 2D View in the menu.
- Drag the new 2D view window near the bottom of the main window. Before you release the left mouse button, a light-blue overlay will indicate where the 2D view window will be docked when you release the left mouse button.
- As a result, the new 2D view window will be docked at the bottom of the main window, but it will extend over the entire width.
- Drag one of the other 2D view windows next to the 2D view window at the bottom. Again, a light-blue overlay will indicate where the window will be docked.
- Use the mouse to grab the window borders and drag their dimensions as you like, and in each 2D view, set the "top/front/side" mode as you like.
(If you happen to use View | Save user window layout by accident, don't worry, nothing bad will happen. In the worst case, the default window layout might be screwed on CaWE startup, which can be fixed with the View | Load default window layout menu and/or permanently by editing the CaWE config file on your computer.)
I hope to be able to fix this View | Save user window layout menu soon.
Another helpful change might be to have the VisGroups toolbar extend to the bottom, rather than having the new 2D view "beneath" it. I will look into this issue as well.
Hope that helps!
Instructions and notes:
- For installation, rename your existing CaWE.exe, e.g. to CaWE-old.exe,
then extract the file below into the same directory. Done.
- Not fixed as mentioned above is the View | Save user window layout issue and the occasional screen refresh problem (described here) where you see the dimensions text scattered across the 2D view window.
- This version has some big internal changes regarding object visibility as well. Please report any problems that you might encounter.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests