ok, good news is that I've been able to fix both the dimensions indicator (white X and Y sizes text) so that it is now updated live and in real-time during the transformations, and
the performance issue that I noticed with the Selection tool.
Is it even possible, to change the new CaWE Layout to the old one?
I liked the old one more
Is this with regards to the 2D and 3D windows layout (or rather regarding the toolbars, the Materials browser, etc.)?
Well, assuming you want to have that third 2D view back, here is a work-around (almost, but not quite, a "solution"):
- Select View | Open new 2D View in the menu.
- Drag the new 2D view window near the bottom of the main window. Before you release the left mouse button, a light-blue overlay will indicate where the 2D view window will be docked when you release the left mouse button.
- As a result, the new 2D view window will be docked at the bottom of the main window, but it will extend over the entire width.
- Drag one of the other 2D view windows next to the 2D view window at the bottom. Again, a light-blue overlay will indicate where the window will be docked.
- Use the mouse to grab the window borders and drag their dimensions as you like, and in each 2D view, set the "top/front/side" mode as you like.
Please do not
use the View | Save user window layout
menu, because it doesn't work correctly in 9.06 and the version that I'll upload tomorrow. If it did, this would be the perfect answer and the solution to your problem.
(If you happen to use View | Save user window layout
by accident, don't worry, nothing bad will happen. In the worst case, the default window layout might be screwed on CaWE startup, which can be fixed with the View | Load default window layout
menu and/or permanently by editing the CaWE config file on your computer.)
I hope to be able to fix this View | Save user window layout
Another helpful change might be to have the VisGroups
toolbar extend to the bottom, rather than having the new 2D view "beneath" it. I will look into this issue as well.
Hope that helps!